the first step is admiting it

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
08/17/2006 5:26 pm
the sg3 on ebay for $650.....that is a steal .....if you guys can get this or the sg2 it will be one of the best relapses you will ever have...it plays like buttah!! i salute you L.A.T.S

"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/17/2006 5:35 pm
Originally Posted by: tzerI know this thread is old, but my problem is even larger :eek: I have only been playing for about 10 months and have accumulated 5 guitars, 3 amps, 2 keyboards, and a crap load of pedals, processors, monitors, recording hard/software...etc.......but now I have branched off into something totally insane! I am now starting to buy and give gear to OTHER PEOPLE!! I own an Auto Parts Store and so far I have bought 2 Amps for my manager, given him 1 amp of mine, bought a brand new Epi LP for one of my good customers who really loved mine, bought a Korg AX3000G for one of my drivers who is in a band called Decrepit.......'cause the lead guitarist liked mine so much....please help me :( I cant stop!!

seriously! pass some of that gear my way!

but honestly, I think I've just about conquered gas! I haven't bought a new piece of gear in months. I'm very satisfied with my current set-up. the only thing I still have gas towards from time to time is some decent recording gear. but other than that, I'm happy with what I got!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/17/2006 7:06 pm
yeah, I bought a new pickup for my Gibson yesterday, a Duncan jazz, for the neck (decided to break my Bareknuckle allegiance and try a combination of the Bareknuckle Nailbomb, and a Seymour Duncan Jazz)...did I need this pickup? no, its just that my mom is in Canada and texted me asking if there was anything I wanted her to buy in a music store...I had to get something, so I mtold her to get that...of course I am paying her for it (she doesnt buy my gear)...

Its mad, in the last few months I have just bought so much gear (a nice job helps so much)... feel kinda guilty...I no-longer need anything new, but I want something so badly, I dont know what it is, but I have now saved up a bit from work and want to find some gear to spend it on (see synth post of a few days ago)...

oh, its so tough not needing every cent you earn! hehe, I love it.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
08/17/2006 7:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sa my mom is in Canada and texted me asking if there was anything I wanted her to buy in a music store...I had to get something, so I told her to get that...of course I am paying her for it (she doesnt buy my gear)...

that is still enabling....sounds like she might need some gearanon :D
# 4
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
08/17/2006 7:19 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sayeah, I bought a new pickup for my Gibson yesterday, did I need this pickup? no
Its mad, feel kinda guilty...I no-longer need anything new, but I want something so badly, .

that is addiction Andrew....in a nutshell...but i can think of much worse addictions :eek:

# 5
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/17/2006 7:20 pm
no no, she knows nothing about gear...just knows that I like it, and that stuff is much cheaper in the states and Canada than it is here...also much more easily available, so she helps me out...but yeah, maybe she is fueling my habits
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 6
Fret spider
Fret spider
08/17/2006 9:13 pm
i always feel i should spemd all the cash i am gonna spend on gear on one thing eg a guitar. and i assume it will be a while to the nxt purchase. then i am unable to buy stuff cos i keep changing my mind on what i want as i ike all sorts of music and being generally indecisive, i do that a lot. ow well

it does save me money though. i only got an epi lp and a line 6 flexitone 3 amp. i like em but i only got one amp and one guitar
# 7
thebluesbreaker
thebluesbreaker
08/18/2006 12:42 am
Most of you have got more than i do. In my possession is a 1 'coostic, 1 electric, 1 pedal and 1 amp and a (aus)ten dollar microphone to plug into my computer for recording
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/18/2006 3:06 am
Originally Posted by: thebluesbreakerMost of you have got more than i do. In my possession is a 1 'coostic, 1 electric, 1 pedal and 1 amp and a (aus)ten dollar microphone to plug into my computer for recording

it's not about how much you have, it's how you play it!
my spyspace
# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/18/2006 4:03 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpthe sg3 on ebay for $650.....that is a steal .....if you guys can get this or the sg2 it will be one of the best relapses you will ever have...it plays like buttah!! i salute you L.A.T.S

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
Krunek
Krunek
08/18/2006 8:25 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsseriously! pass some of that gear my way!

but honestly, I think I've just about conquered gas! I haven't bought a new piece of gear in months. I'm very satisfied with my current set-up. the only thing I still have gas towards from time to time is some decent recording gear. but other than that, I'm happy with what I got!

Nowdays, I don"t buy equipment at all, cause I am saving. I want to get a house, and that is not cheap. But I was never much into buyin unecessary equipment. For buying equipment, this is what I would do. Take all the money you get from gigs. (If you don"t play for money, you don"t need great equipment, do you?) Take out the part you spend monthly for expendable (is it the right word? You know, for stuff you must have new after a while; picks, strings and so.) gear. Take out the part you need for gas when going to rehearsals. Take out some money for the time you are "wasting" when going to rehearsals and arranging gigs and so. So, from the money that is left,
you can buy new eqipment. Then, you wouldn"t feel bad. That is my philosophy. Just a thought and a random comment.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/19/2006 1:46 am
Originally Posted by: KrunekNowdays, I don"t buy equipment at all, cause I am saving. I want to get a house, and that is not cheap. But I was never much into buyin unecessary equipment. For buying equipment, this is what I would do. Take all the money you get from gigs. (If you don"t play for money, you don"t need great equipment, do you?) Take out the part you spend monthly for expendable (is it the right word? You know, for stuff you must have new after a while; picks, strings and so.) gear. Take out the part you need for gas when going to rehearsals. Take out some money for the time you are "wasting" when going to rehearsals and arranging gigs and so. So, from the money that is left,
you can buy new eqipment. Then, you wouldn"t feel bad. That is my philosophy. Just a thought and a random comment.

yeah, pretty much, I take out money for gas, food, a little spending cash, a little into savings account, and then whatever is leftover gets dumped into my checking account to buy pretty much whatever I want. and now that I've paid off my car, I have quite a lot still left over :D mostly I buy parts for my car rather than gear though.
my spyspace
# 12
Krunek
Krunek
08/19/2006 8:08 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyeah, pretty much, I take out money for gas, food, a little spending cash, a little into savings account, and then whatever is leftover gets dumped into my checking account to buy pretty much whatever I want. and now that I've paid off my car, I have quite a lot still left over :D mostly I buy parts for my car rather than gear though.

Smart man. Although, I would think twice about getting a car in which you have to invest so much... :D
I mean, parts? Gas, oil, filters, discs for brakes, and he has got to roll...
Otherwise, get a can of gas, pour it on the car, lite a match and put you both out of your misery. ;)
# 13
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/19/2006 11:08 pm
From a thread about celebrating LATS 5k Day...
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsThanks, fellas! I celebrated LATS 5k day this month by buying a beat-up 1965(?) Yamaha SG-2 on eBay. It's definitely a 'player' as opposed to bein' a 'collectible' but that means I can play the ever-livin' **** outta it and enjoy it!!!

Happy happy, joy joy, to one and all![/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by: AkiraYou and your Yammy's!

Congrats on the new wife. [/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsI'm an unrepentant polygamist:

5 Yamahas

4 Washburns

1 Odyssey

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Akira]You dirty dirty man. :p

Well, I did some research, and found that the SG-2 was only produced in 1966 and 1967. I also got to thinking about how I could fix up this beater.....

[QUOTE=Lordathestrings]It's a sickness, I tell you!

The SG-2 I bought earlier this week is kind of beat-up, and some of the parts are wrong or missing entirely, so I posted on another board, asking for leads on original parts for an old Yamaha SG-2 guitar....

.... and I got a lead on a nice SG-2 in a pawnshop in Winnipeg....

.... it should arrive late next week. :rolleyes:

I looked over at the row of cases, and I turned back to my computer....

[QUOTE=Lordathestrings]Anybody wanna buy a nice Washburn A-10 ?

:o
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
08/19/2006 11:33 pm
I once went to a Music store with the intention of selling my guitar, I ended up keeping the guitar and bought a transistorised Marshall.......happy days
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/20/2006 2:21 am
Originally Posted by: KrunekSmart man. Although, I would think twice about getting a car in which you have to invest so much... :D
I mean, parts? Gas, oil, filters, discs for brakes, and he has got to roll...
Otherwise, get a can of gas, pour it on the car, lite a match and put you both out of your misery. ;)

ha ha, yeah, it has all the essentials already and runs fine. it's a toyota for crying out loud (just short of indestructible, lol), I mean parts like my injen intake, NGK iridium spark plugs, NGK ignition wires, and my polyurethane motor mounts on the way. don't worry though, all the mods I've done so far improve gas milage... later on down the road a turbo might get popped in... then gas milage gets cut in half, but horsepower power doubles :D
my spyspace
# 16
AIC
AIC
08/20/2006 9:30 pm
I'm at seven guitars two amps, home recording system and no money.. And I'm 19 :D Lot's of gear to go!
# 17
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
08/21/2006 3:56 pm
I've got two electrics, two acoustics, a Hartke piggyback, GuitarPort, keyboard, and a bunch of software.

I also have the unhealthy desire to purchase guitar after guitar after guitar.
# 18
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/21/2006 6:46 pm
unhealthy? ****! someone call me a doctor!
# 19
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/21/2006 9:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Saunhealthy? ****! someone call me a doctor!

the only doctor you need:
my spyspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.