View post (the first step is admiting it)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/19/2006 1:46 am
Originally Posted by: KrunekNowdays, I don"t buy equipment at all, cause I am saving. I want to get a house, and that is not cheap. But I was never much into buyin unecessary equipment. For buying equipment, this is what I would do. Take all the money you get from gigs. (If you don"t play for money, you don"t need great equipment, do you?) Take out the part you spend monthly for expendable (is it the right word? You know, for stuff you must have new after a while; picks, strings and so.) gear. Take out the part you need for gas when going to rehearsals. Take out some money for the time you are "wasting" when going to rehearsals and arranging gigs and so. So, from the money that is left,
you can buy new eqipment. Then, you wouldn"t feel bad. That is my philosophy. Just a thought and a random comment.

yeah, pretty much, I take out money for gas, food, a little spending cash, a little into savings account, and then whatever is leftover gets dumped into my checking account to buy pretty much whatever I want. and now that I've paid off my car, I have quite a lot still left over :D mostly I buy parts for my car rather than gear though.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace