A Roller Coaster ride you'll never forget...

Joseph
Joseph
06/09/2001 1:34 am

With your overall style of music, which band could you picture yourself traveling with? From playing a long with our favorites on the radio, I'm sure that gives us an incredible high, but which band do you feel you're most compatible with? Who would you feel more than comfortable opening up for? As a musician, this is something I'm sure that we have all talked about before, and we have all envisioned one day in our minds what it would be like. Stone Temple Pilots were given the oportunity on more than one occasion to play with their favorites: The Stones, Aerosmith, and where do you go from there? Once you've reach this high level in your career.... You just keep moving on, leaving the doors open for legions of fans to dream of what it would be like one day to be in your position. To continue the legacy...

As a musician, we always wonder what it would be like to share the stage with our favorite artsts. And for a lot of people thats the reason why they get started in the music business to begin with. Not only to create their own style, and to be put in the same catagory by critics around the world, but to one day get the crowd going before the main event. Its wonderful when we finally get the opportunity to see our favorite bands live, but to share the bill, that definitely is more than a life changing experience. It tells us that we've made it.

Now, for a lot of people the opinions of others are very important, and to a certain extent we live and die by their remarks. But what a lot of people don't realize is that the only opinion that really counts is our own. When writing music we're hot and cold, one day we are satisfied with our compositions and the next day we aren't. Its funny being a musician, because it can be the longest roller coaster that one could ever imagine.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
06/09/2001 1:39 pm
Why would I want to open for my favourite bands? I want to be their equals, I want to share the stage with them, in a collaborative effort that will shake everyones heads out of the moneyed trance they are in.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/09/2001 2:45 pm
I think my band could open for Primus pretty well... We'de have to cut a few covers we do though.
But I also have to agree with Bardskey: I would much rather be considered an equal and unique in my own respect.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
06/11/2001 6:34 pm
Yep, but its never that easy. Of course Ide rather just spend a few moments in the recording studio with my favorite musicians, (in some sort of collaboration effort)because Ide love to test my abilities in more ways than one. But still, to be on the same bill with our favorites thats accomplishment in its own. To be considered good enough, or to be matched up with our favorite group, thats something that I'm sure we have thought about to no end. Unless I could go back in time and tour with Zeppelin, I think ive have to settle for Aerosmith. I know all of their songs by heart, and to go on tour with these guys it would be a dream come true. Althgough Radiohead is one of my fasvorites today, its safe to say that our overall styles don't really match up, but with Joe Perry, Ide have to say that a lot of his guitar lines stick in my head when I'm playing naturally under a full moon.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.