drama for your baby's momma

quickfingers
quickfingers
01/12/2006 3:59 am
soooo, as absolutely none of you know (or care to) i had a breif stint in a pop punk band a few months back. two of the three guys in the band where close buddies, and they wehre looking for some guitar riffage and some synth crap (you dont even wanna know...picture huston calls meets all american rejects sh*t) i myself can stand some of it, but not after they play it in the car for 4 hours straight on roadtrips and call every band made before 1998 fag rock bands....yea, its a little hard to tolerate. whatever. so im much obliged to join, i have no other projects at the moment, and as much as i hate pop punk, i love playing it. the practicing went down for a month or so, they wehre pretty good, had some catchy songs (only about four of them though, i swear they wehre the slowest songwriters on earth) and it was fun to put harmony riffs to. the simple band squabbles wehre weird becasue i was like the newcomer, and i had to watch what i said. a simple raunchy bend or more than 10 seconds of shredding could put me in the doghouse.i play it as "pop-punk" as i can, as much as a lip-ring-hating metal head as i am inside, i keep it to a minimum. it was good, and we started recording a demo for battle of the bands. a few weeks later after a few particularly uneventful practices and alot of awkward "turn down your amps, it hurts my ears" crap, the bassist, and my good freind since we wehre like 3 talks to me online about getting rid of andrew, the drummer. andrew and me are alot alike becasue we both play music because we love music, not exactly a particular genre. i went out on a big limb to play in a pop punk band and i didnt mind it becsaue it was fun and i could tolerate their lack of respect for music and their terrible taste alcohol. (pop punkers love bi*ch beer) i was caught a little off guard by brandon telling me this, as andrew is an awesome drummer and he doesnt really try and tell people what to do. for the most part, he does what is needed, which is to play rudimentals on drums. i felt bad for andrew, any idea he had was pretty much not even taken into consideration from brandon and jon. i could tell just from practicing a few times that he would get real pissed off becsaue they would laugh at "technical" beats like (god forbid) tempo changes and triplets and offbeats and junk like that. i guess the "real" reason they wanted him out was because he was going straight to college out of state after high school (about 6 months away or so) and they needed a "reliable drummer"

i was pretty pissed at this, but i kept it on the D.L. andrew i met in middle school and we wehre both uber nerds, and were still real good friends to t his day, and it was messed up to see him getting shut out becsaue he wasnt trendy enough for their image band. basically, because he doesnt have emo hair and wear a lip ring...

i sent some messages back and forth with brandon about practice, no reply for days. this kid is a myspace freak and hes on like 199999,900000 times a day, so leaving a message on there and not getting a reply for 3 days is a slap in the face. especially considering that him and jon where replying back and forth about practicing on monday. this being a saturday night and no word, i was pissed as ****. i send him a nasty message about how if he wants to get on the ball with playing shows again, he'd better tell his butt buddy jon to either write songs faster or let me write them, cause it was getting really irritating. i get a reply back with a "we dont have time for that crap right now, we have alot of things to deal with" basically becuase brandon likes to get drunk and fight that means that our lives get put on hold....moronic stuff. some more stuff gets said, and i basically let him and jon have it about how sideways their look on having a band is, and how completely pathetic it is that they would rather break friends off to avoid them having a say in their band, so they can go and hide in a corner with their ideas that they take too seriously. its rediculous. the asshats have so much confidence that they think they own the block and can do it all on their own with little talent and alot of "looking the part." ive just had enough of that **** right now. its unbeleivable how me and brandon could have been such great friends years ago, and slowly drift apart becasue he would rather hang out wiht people that can get him ****ed up and that are his "type" than friends he's had since he was a kid. i feel a bit exiled, even though that band was too damn crappy for me anyways, but just the fact that he can drop me and andrew and have the balls to act like he's cool wiht me, and cant tell me to my face that jon and him felt jealous becsaue me and andrew could rock their socks off at their own instruments.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/12/2006 4:08 am
... and your point is?... :confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/12/2006 4:20 am
no real moral or lesson, just that its hard to beleive people you trust can be such dicks.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/12/2006 5:01 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersno real moral or lesson, just that its hard to beleive people you trust can be such dicks.

I hear that! Someone I work with is turning the workplace into such a political minefield that I'm contemplating getting out of a carrer I've been fairly happy with for 12 years. :p It sucks. In very disappointing ways.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.