Does your guitar have a name?

earthman buck
earthman buck
01/09/2006 4:38 pm
Have any of you ever named one of your guitars? I did just last night. I call it Ramses Thunder.
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
01/09/2006 4:51 pm
haha. Ramses Thunder...

My guitars dont so much have names... I opted for the Stevie Ray approach and simply call my main strat Number 1. My other strat that I play on numerous occasions is a beat up strat copy that has been set on fire and has beer caps nailed to it with finishing nails is called "Zero" because i sanded down the finish in some spots to give it a more beat up look and there was a spot that was worn down to the wood... so I put a sticker of a big zero over it. Since then the guitar has been lit on fire a couple more times and the zero has bubbled up. It looks pretty cool. My guitars somewhat earn there names though. My friend has a '57 Custom Shop re-issue strat that he calls Marilyn because he ordered it in the Blonde Ash finish. So he named it after Marilyn Monroe...
# 2
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/09/2006 5:43 pm
Didn't we have a thread just like this about three or four weeks ago? Does anyone use the search function? Just curious. :rolleyes:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/09/2006 8:39 pm
my acoustic is named Lindsay Cole- after two girls at a pool gig :p

my electric is carmalita- its just a cool name and it reminds me of its wine red finish

and yeah, we've definatly had this thread before... but its a cool one nontheless.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/09/2006 8:59 pm
Originally Posted by: rockonn91my acoustic is named Lindsay Cole- after two girls at a pool gig :p

my electric is carmalita- its just a cool name and it reminds me of its wine red finish

and yeah, we've definatly had this thread before... but its a cool one nontheless.

Ohhhh Yeahhh! It's cool. I still don't have names for either of my two guitars. :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 5
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
01/09/2006 9:07 pm
yeah, I posted this like a month ago. Anyway... My guitar is name after the Mustang GT in Gone in 60 Seconds... Eleanor
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/09/2006 9:56 pm
I think I'm gonna name my Acoustic Hector.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
chas fisher
chas fisher
01/09/2006 10:03 pm
i have one named abby one named jr. and one named red!!!
Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight ;)
# 8
Danny C.
Danny C.
01/09/2006 10:25 pm
I love Gone in 60 Seconds, that mustang is my favorite car in the world. I normally call my guitar a piece of crap, but other than that it has no name.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 9
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/09/2006 10:46 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI think I'm gonna name my Acoustic Hector.[/QUOTE]

Hector. I like it. I call my acoustic (well, my dad's) Siggy because it's a Sigma.

[QUOTE=bigbuda]Didn't we have a thread just like this about three or four weeks ago? Does anyone use the search function? Just curious. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I should've checked. Usually I do check, this time it slipped my mind.
# 10
Danny C.
Danny C.
01/10/2006 12:59 am
I agree with you there. I do like the original Shelbys just as much. I have always loved the trans am off of Smokey and the Bandit too, I will own one before I die. And Camaros I love Camaros. Btw, I just got a t-shirt the other day that has an AMC Gremlin on it and says Roll Like a Rockstar, its awesome.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 1:06 am
I've been meaning to name my guitars. I came up with a kick ass name that I was going to dub my SG, but it's long since forgotten. Maybe I'll call it Ziegfried or something exotic like that. My Fender, well... I dunno. I'd like to name it but I just don't know what would fit it. Same with my bass and acoustic... and Sqiuer.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/10/2006 1:21 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've been meaning to name my guitars. I came up with a kick ass name that I was going to dub my SG, but it's long since forgotten. Maybe I'll call it Ziegfried or something exotic like that. My Fender, well... I dunno. I'd like to name it but I just don't know what would fit it. Same with my bass and acoustic... and Sqiuer.

Yeah, I couldn't come up with a name for mine for the longest time, but the other night the name 'Ramses Thunder' came up in a conversation with my friend, and I thought it was perfect.
My friend has an SG, and the day he bought it, I told him he had to come up with a name for it, preferably one that he could say the SG stood for if someone ever asked. He named it Sargent Gates.
# 13
niccar113
niccar113
01/10/2006 1:24 am
I call my Ibanez AEG-10 "El Corazon", my squier afinity strat "Beautiful piece of crap", and I will name my soon to own Jackson DKMG "Holy mother I can't believe I actually own this!"
Pleasure.
# 14
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/10/2006 1:25 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnehow bout Lazarus? my ultimate strat will be orange with a white pickguard and black knobs and pickup covers, will be christened The Orange Lazarus.

That sounds like a good plan. I want to have an SG someday the same greeny-blue colour of tropical water and without a pickguard. I will put a sticker of a goldfish in between the pickups and name it Seabreeze.
# 15
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/10/2006 1:27 am
I call my LP Betsy from time to time. That's what came to mind so I stuck with it.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
01/10/2006 1:28 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThe Eleanor? You know, I actually like the original Shelby fastbacks more. The fog lights they put in the Eleanor look like they're the $29 ones at Kragen. For a car that costs something like $200k, that's pretty freakin' sad. At least get some PIAA's or Hella's on there.

yeah, I'm talking about the Shelby model made for the new Gone in 60 Seconds, the one w/ nicholas cage in it.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 1:29 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnehow bout Lazarus? my ultimate strat will be orange with a white pickguard and black knobs and pickup covers, will be christened The Orange Lazarus.

Lazarus... dude... I wish I thought of that one. That name is just... superb. I'm half tempted to steal it.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 18
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 2:20 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneIt's not theft if I give it to you.

Just don't touch the Orange Lazarus.

Well, my SG isn't orange, it's red and I just want the Lazarus portion, forget the color. Since we're on the topic, any suggestions for a fender strat?

Hulk Smash!!

# 19
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/10/2006 4:14 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckSorry, I should've checked. Usually I do check, this time it slipped my mind.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, I was just yankin your chain....... :D

[QUOTE=PonyOne]that was actually the only generation of F-body I didn't like... all the others are pretty cool. i've toyed with the idea of getting a Camaro of some sort and going nuts on the engine... primarily because I like irony. Irony in the sense that who do you picture driving an Iroc or a Berlinetta? For me it's:

A) some Fred Durst wannabe
B) some guy in his 30's, skinny, kind of looking like a meth addict or something, with skinny hairy arms with veins popping out, and a mullet, little moustache and Wayfarers, but not because they're retro. no. they have always been cool in this man's world, along with his Harley and REO Speedwagon shirts.
c)Todd from Beavis and Butt-Head

well, if i had one, yeah, it'd have 3.73 gears, a Quaife LSD, a short throw shifter with a double plate centerforce clutch (i'm sorry, the 400R tranny is awesome but NO, i need a clutch), the 5.7 would be overbored a few and i'd have some JC pistons in there, a Demon carb with some insane flow amount, some Lunati cams and all the other crap to make it go fast, plus some of those things the Japanese have perfected that make high HP engines last, like having a cooler for every fluid that needs it (oil, tranny, etc).

preferrably, i'd like to see it white with gunmetal rims and a mostly black interior with red seats and door inserts, because black on red and white on red are the most awesome sports car color combos. i'd put AutoGlym polish on it compulsively, to keep that perfect mirror shine on it. And of course you can't have anything but a Flowmaster on the back, to keep that throaty V8 rumble of death that just bellows "USA!!!" when you tear into the throttle.

And this would haul ass up and down the boulevards in LA, seeking out new prey, driven by me: liberal vegetarian, Jewish-ish, thinly muscled with big freakin arms, my trendy, tussled-puppy dog hair blowing in the wind that filters through the t-tops, my prescription Oakley glasses focusing the road in front of me so i can see all the pathetic motorists i'll slaughter with my l33t Z28. Yeah that's right, I said l33t, and i'll rock a zed dos ocho. Yeah. Toeing into the gas with my oxblood DocMartens, dumping the clutch, my Asian girlfriend with her dreds gripping my super trendy rugby shirt in terror as my White Lightning strikes, leaving two patches of Pirelli P-Zero in its wake, then sliding down to my Rampage for Men jeans, oooohhh yeah, the strains of Jaqueline by Franz Ferdinand blasting into the night like FIRE from an M1911 into the sunset as I lay waste to modified Hondas and a couple Porsches.

Or something like that.

What.....No Supercharger? :confused:
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.