View post (Debate...please give opinions)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/06/2006 7:17 pm
I wouldn't neccessarily say that Megadeth was more talented than Metallica... BUT I will say that they played more technical music. Metallica wrote songs that were simple and that kicked you in the face... I think the fact that Metallica came first was a big reason why they're bigger. Also... their music appeals to a wider array of people... I love Metallicas old stuff... but I'm not a fan of Megadeth... the only song that I really listen to a lot is Symphony of Destruction... I like the riff. Also... to say that Metallica is a corporate sell out is pretty easy to SAY... but until you sit at a corporate desk with a check written out to you for multi-millions of dollars... I wouldn't call anyone a sell out. In a sense any musician that ever records an album for money is a sell-out. So don't throw that term around too much. Metallica is a better BAND... they're better at making GOOD songs... Megadeth probably has the edge when it comes to musicianship... but you can be the greatest guitar player in the world with the best drummer, bass player, and vocalist... if you don't have the chemistry to put it all together it really doesn't matter. Megadeth lacks the chemistry.