help..... i need help!!!!!!

hamercx4qplayer
hamercx4qplayer
01/04/2006 9:05 pm
howdy yall iv got a problem
iv been playin' for awile but me and my boand have our first gig this spring so weve got the time to practice but i suffer severly from stage fright and i have to sing but im nervous like crazy any tips on how to over come this would really be abligied

thanx alot
(keep on pickin' and makin' her scream)
# 1
MSF06
HAZMAT
MSF06
HAZMAT
01/04/2006 9:34 pm
If you are still in school I would highly suggest you take a theater arts class or speach class. They will help you with performing/speaking in front of people. Since the semester (or quater) probably just started you should be able to. Unless the school dumped those typ of clases. If you are already out of high school then check with a local community collage.

If that is not an option then I can only tell ya what I do. I just get into a "zone" if I need to perfom infront of others that I do not know and not worry about what they think.

Try and focus on your playing and forget the audience. Yeah you should make eye contact and try and have a good stage presence but you might want to forgo those since this is your first gig but it would also depend on what type of gig.

MSF
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Practice does not make you perfect. Perfect practice makes you perfect.[/FONT]
# 2
sailorjim
sailorjim
01/04/2006 10:01 pm
Originally Posted by: MSF06If you are still in school I would highly suggest you take a theater arts class or speach class. They will help you with performing/speaking in front of people. Since the semester (or quater) probably just started you should be able to. Unless the school dumped those typ of clases. If you are already out of high school then check with a local community collage.

MSF

This is good advice. Singing/playing in front of people needs practice just like learning the guitar... So since you have time... Before yuor gig you are lucky you can practice.. So pick a couple of songs you are going to do.. And go Keroke...When ever you can.. It will build up your confidence. Take friends with you that will give you encouragement. Leave the ones that say don't quit your day job at home!!! Remeber it doesn't have to be perfect you are just practicing.. The good thing about Keroke is that if you know the words to the song you will sound 1000 times better than the person that just gets up there, no matter what your voice sounds like...If your not old enough to get into a place that does it, have your parents take you...
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one
# 3
Ito1221
Ito1221
01/15/2006 3:01 am
the answer is simple...the only reason people suffer from stage fright is because they care too much about what other people think....just get a few ppl and play in front of them before the show....and just relax and have fun with it and you shoudl be fine
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.