View post (help..... i need help!!!!!!)

View thread

sailorjim
sailorjim
01/04/2006 10:01 pm
Originally Posted by: MSF06If you are still in school I would highly suggest you take a theater arts class or speach class. They will help you with performing/speaking in front of people. Since the semester (or quater) probably just started you should be able to. Unless the school dumped those typ of clases. If you are already out of high school then check with a local community collage.

MSF

This is good advice. Singing/playing in front of people needs practice just like learning the guitar... So since you have time... Before yuor gig you are lucky you can practice.. So pick a couple of songs you are going to do.. And go Keroke...When ever you can.. It will build up your confidence. Take friends with you that will give you encouragement. Leave the ones that say don't quit your day job at home!!! Remeber it doesn't have to be perfect you are just practicing.. The good thing about Keroke is that if you know the words to the song you will sound 1000 times better than the person that just gets up there, no matter what your voice sounds like...If your not old enough to get into a place that does it, have your parents take you...
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one