this isn't about guitar...

Joseph
Joseph
06/02/2001 11:34 pm

The greater our knowledge of whats going on around us, the greater our ability to control events. A lot of us tend to take things for granted, and a lot of the times we refuse to notice the good signs that others have to offer. In our life time, because of the way certain situations turn out, and because of how certain people re-act we tend to think that nothing good could possibly come out of their intentions.

But no ones perfect, and just because we have all made mistakes in the past, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be given enough of a chance to reedeem themselves. Our closest friends have hurt us in the past, and have gone against us in our time of need, but still do you tend to give your friends the benefit of the doubt despite what they have done in the past? You know there is some truth to that saying "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. It kind of gives us an idea as to what they're up to, and how they think...

I'm just curious as to how some of you guys have dealt with certain situations in the past, and I think its safe to say that the rules apply here being that its OPEN DISCUSSION. These topics don't come your way very often, nor am I trying to create an unhealthy trend, but my curiousity tends to get the best of me. Ide appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks..
-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/03/2001 4:26 pm
I beleive it is human nature to look only out for number1.

I have over theears realised that the closer you allow people to get the more they take advantage, there are 1 or 2 exceptions, I believe you only truly have a couple of people you can call real freinds but they are human and will like you have there short comings in certain situations.

Trust no one, beleive in yourself, and above all remember you can only trully rely on yourself. Saying that you at the same time must respect others and their opinions, you only get back from this life what you put in.

Synical?, probably am, sorry
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 2
Mr. Vai
Mr. Vai
06/03/2001 11:32 pm
ok.
My guitar is like an umbillical cord, its wired into my head.
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
06/04/2001 4:30 am
Originally posted by Fenderblues
I beleive it is human nature to look only out for number1.

Trust no one, beleive in yourself, and above all remember you can only trully rely on yourself.

Heh, well I cant blame you for feeling this way at times, because even those who seem like are closest friends are just waiting for that inevitable moment (in their mind) when you'll crack under the pressure, where they'll be able to pick up the pieces and add those key elements to their lives. But still, its very important to feel your way around, where instead of pushing away others because of their unchangable ways, (perhaps we could just learn something from it all.)

A friend of mine, shes been in my life for many years now. We had on and off relationships, whether its based on intimacy of friendship, but everytime we closed one chapter in our lives, things always ended on a sour note. I guess because half the time she felt unable to deal with reality, and our sudden change, she became vindictive toward me, and discarded everything that we had been through, just to satisfy her new impulses. Although at times like this, you just wanlt to turn away, and just erase her from your life, still we do whatever we can to understand why their intentions are so strong. [/i]

When its obvious that someone is out to get us, its not always our best move to give them the benefit of the doubt, and its hgard to say whether or they will always be waiting for you to fall. But people change as the years go by, and they tend to gain a better perspective of who they are, and they're overall mistakes. I would just hate to throw away everything I have with certain people, just because it seems obvious that they will never turn over a new leaf...

Then again, perhaps theres a time in everyone life where we just have to stop making excuses for others, :rolleyes:.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 4
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/04/2001 6:12 pm
One thing I know for sure is taht when are freindly with the opposite sex, the best way to mess it up is to begin a sexual relationship. Probably because they/we know so much about us, our ways and other relationships weve/they have had and then when it ends we begin to think about what a mwees we have made of a good freindship.

Ive been there and after the sex and everything I gaind only carnal knowledge but lost the closeness of freindship that was once there. The question beckons, were we freinds in order to sleep together or did we sleep together because we were freinds and took one step to many. In my case the latter is the case
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.