Microphone help

Rangerbob86
Rangerbob86
12/28/2005 10:42 pm
Ok so heres the deal. Im trying to record my acoustic guitar onto my computer. I already have Adobe Audition, and I think its pretty great recording software. Also, I have a AKG Preception 200 Condensor Mic. What do I need to get the signal to my computer. I want it to sound decent, but it doesnt have to be professional or anything, because I really dont have all that much money. Also, im very new to this kind of stuff, so please try to help me out. Thanks!
# 1
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/29/2005 1:29 am
i love my perception 200....great affordable microphone.

you need some way to get it to computer and something that will generate phantom power (because the microphone needs a power source for the diaphram to work)...personally, what i think is a great little starter thing for recording is the presonus inspire 1394 but i'm sure there are people on here that can suggest a nice sound card and maybe an alternate power supply for phantom power.

if it's just that you're plugging in and aren't getting signal, it's that the microphone needs phantom power. if you need a way to plug in....yeah...

but wait for a couple other people to reply too because someone else might have a way better idea than me.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 2
Blade RH4
Blade RH4
01/01/2006 10:12 am
A basic microphone pre-amp with phantom power, and a audio interface of some sort whether it's PCI, USB or Firewire. You can get audio interfaces like the digidesign Mbox or Mbox 2 that are plugged into your PC via USB that also have a Mic pre amp with phantom power built in. This particular one I mentioned is only one of many out there to choose from in many different price brackets.

Have a look at sound on sound (pc music/music technology forums) . There is mountains of information available here
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.