Should he live? Should he die?

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/03/2005 6:27 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdHell man...I live in the National Captial of "Capital" punishment. Texas doesn't mess around (generally). I mean seriously...if it's ok to kill him right after he did it, I don't see how it changes any since then. So why wait that long to begin with?

to ensure that they are not killing an innocent man.

or is the cost of an innocent life tolerable if he's a scape goat?
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/03/2005 6:55 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusto ensure that they are not killing an innocent man

You mean where they present evidence and have testimonies and like have what is it called...oh yeah, a trial, no wait he already had one of those?

Yeah, I know what you mean though, I'm just being saracastic. But really, the "jury of your peers" should take that role seriously enough to begin with to where if there's even a shadow of a doubt, then a conviction isn't given. I'm not naive enough to think the system is flawless, but I do think we should follow through with something or not even bother. I understand there has to be an appeals process for good reason...I'm not sadistic. All within reason though, 24 years is excessive imo.

But again, like I said...I know there's worse fates than death, so I kinda feel he'd be getting it easy comparitively.
And does anyone else find it kind of amusing that his biggest supporters are Snoop Dogg, the "Rev" Jesse Jackson, and Susan Sarandon?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/03/2005 7:16 am
He only needs one supporter, the Governator. Snoop and that other dogg rapper's support isn't worth anything because of their affiliation with the Long Beach crips.

edit- I found an awesome supporter. Clicky.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/03/2005 8:56 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdYou mean where they present evidence and have testimonies and like have what is it called...oh yeah, a trial, no wait he already had one of those?

Yeah, I know what you mean though, I'm just being saracastic. But really, the "jury of your peers" should take that role seriously enough to begin with to where if there's even a shadow of a doubt, then a conviction isn't given. I'm not naive enough to think the system is flawless, but I do think we should follow through with something or not even bother. I understand there has to be an appeals process for good reason...I'm not sadistic. All within reason though, 24 years is excessive imo.

But again, like I said...I know there's worse fates than death, so I kinda feel he'd be getting it easy comparitively.
And does anyone else find it kind of amusing that his biggest supporters are Snoop Dogg, the "Rev" Jesse Jackson, and Susan Sarandon?

you are right but there's been a few cases where they've executed innocent men or some men have actually been found innocent.

and it actually has taken that many years because of advances in DNA evidence and other such technology that wasn't available 20+ years ago.

so i would say 24 years isn't excessive if it means making sure he isn't guilty....but we're getting off topic right now...this is more the implications of his execution and whether or not his deeds later in life make him an asset to society where his execution would be a detriment rather than a positive.

is vengence worth it if it means taking out someone who is prooving a value to society after actually being reformed (jail actually doing what it's supposed to? wow!**)

**that is, if you believe jail is about reform and not simply punishment for the sake of punishment and no lesson or understanding. but that's yet another subject...which i guess this all goes hand in hand since this one topic is bringing out all these other tangents that do, in fact, impact how this should go.

ps, 9 days left till we find out.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 4
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
12/08/2005 1:08 am
you know what, murder is a super crime...1 murder ok...but four?and being the leader of a gang?i mean cmon, this guy killed four people. you get robbed, someone pays you back, how are you gana pay back lives?im sorry, but this guy deserves to die.he had it comin.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.