Help

Reality_743
Reality_743
12/01/2005 6:05 pm
hey i play 3 instruments, i want to take up guitar, not electric, i need help decieding on classical or normal steel strun acoustic, i will have to be self taught, can anyone recommend anything or any free guitar teaching sites based on just one instrument or any books i am under sixteen so i am still under the rule of my parents. :D help me please
Me me me all about me
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/01/2005 6:24 pm
Well first off, Congrats on taking up the guitar. For books, try Fretboard Logic. The DVD by Fender called getting started on acoustic guitar is also a good place to begin. Also, this site is filled with lessons and a bunch of cool folks that will be able to answer just about any question you can come up with. As for which guitar, I would go with a steel string acoustic. Yamaha makes some nice guitars that won't break the bank.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
conwayb
conwayb
12/03/2005 7:44 pm
Last week I bought a new acoustic guitar, - I have never played a guitar in all my eighty years! I just happened to see it on sale, and I decided to give it a try . I tuned it from the web, and I am all ready to try yo play it, but I cannot get my left hand around the fretboard.

Should I simply try to find a teacher, or can I learn to play it on my own?

Bob
# 3
markc2005
markc2005
12/03/2005 9:29 pm
bob
u should be able to learn on your own but if you've never played guitar before if will take time for your fingure to get used to the movement and positions at the top of the neck then it will get easier to move around the neck over time
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.