View post (Rough times)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/27/2005 12:45 am
> I guess the point is, I've been feeling mighty low and I seriously can
> find no point whatsoever to my life. None.
>
> Have any of you been through this and if so, what did you do about it?

If it's that bad, go talk to somebody about it. If you're going through real depression and can't function properly, see a doctor and get some Prozac and Xanax to help you through until things get better.
Also, consider making a video diary or just writing stuff down. When you look back on yourself years in the future, you'll wonder what all the worry was about.

Also, think about how bad things could get. You could accidentally chop your hands off or be paralysed from the waist down. Now that's something to be bummed about.
Just going through lifes ups and downs is normal. Everybody goes through it. Hell... 12 years ago I lost my job, my brand new Iroc Z, my girlfriend, my house and my band, then my brother (our drummer) died in a motorcycle accident... all in the space of about 3 months.
So what did I do... first I went numb for a year, then I said 'screw this' & started putting all my energy into music. I played a whole set every night just like I would if I was in a band, learned multitracking and everything about the music business, HTML programming etc etc.. kept investing my money in my studio.... now I make my living doing what I love, have a house fully paid for, another place in England on the ocean, a car that's paid for, a studio full of equipment and can spend all day, every day working on music or watching DVD's if I want. If I'd given up and said 'what's the point', I'd still be sitting in my crappy one room rental apartment with earwigs and spiders everywhere, watching my 12" black & white tv.

But, hell.. even when you think things are going well you still go through crap that you have to put up with. I broke my arm a couple of years ago, broke my wrist last year, almost chopped my finger off a few weeks ago, had my studio catch on fire.. went through 2 girlfriends.. lost out on a 60 thousand pound deal because my internet went out & I missed getting the contracts...
Ya just suck it up and keep going.