Booking Bands

RandyEllefson
RandyEllefson
11/24/2005 12:31 am
ANyone have advice on booking bands?

I've been doing the usual calling and emailing venues, sending press kits, etc., but I can't believe how hard it is to get a booking agent at a club/bar on the phone. They're never there when bartenders or whoever answers the phone says they will be. It's damn annoying!

Anyone have experiences to share?

Thanks,
Rand
Like riffs? Melody? Shred? Free mp3s? Acoustic guitars galore? Download tunes from my new acoustic album, classical guitar album, or hard rock albums at www.randyellefson.com
# 1
irg7620
irg7620
12/05/2005 12:47 pm
i don't have any experience but this is something that i want to get into. i would love to become a booking agent for a club to pull in all kinds of bands for the venue.
# 2
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
12/07/2005 6:57 pm
I'd suggest getting a booking agent to book shows for you. The standard pay is 15% of whatever is made at a show. Clubs pay attention to this kind of thing. Most clubs don't take a band seriously if the band members are calling, e-mailing, etc.... To them, it makes a band look more professional if the band has a booking agent and/or manager booking the shows.

Then the whole circle thing comes into play. Most booking agents won't take on a brand new band. Gotta have the following of fans. But, you can't get fans without shows, and it's hard to get shows without a pro booking agent. That's why it's good for newer bands on the scene to enter any kind of battle of the bands type of thing. It's a great way to get your foot in the door at certain clubs and be heard.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.