driving a stick

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/20/2005 4:11 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraSeriously, wtf. In the U.K. you can't even take your final test until you've mastered all that stuff. :eek:

Oh yeah!!??! Well, in North America, we have all our teeth! Take that!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/20/2005 4:37 am
What do sticks run on? I've never seen a stick that I could drive before...I mean...how do you attach a wheel?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/20/2005 8:19 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanOh yeah!!??! Well, in North America, we have all our teeth! Take that!

well, not in the southern states of the USA... you know what I mean... the redneck states.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/20/2005 9:12 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswell, not in the southern states of the USA... you know what I mean... the redneck states.

Have you ever been down here? :mad: You must be thinking about the Virginias or Arkansas.

Back on topic... I think our (the US) driving laws are very poor. 90% of the teenagers I see driving aren't near about mature enough, or bright enough to carry that big of a respisability. Any moron can look at the DMV book for a few min. and pass the test, and if you're competant enough to start the vehicle and drive in a straight line, you more than likely will pass the driving test. I took drivers ed. before I got my license, for 2 reasons. 1... My insurence would be cheaper, and 2... I didn't have to take a driving test with some patrol officer. It scares me to be on the road with all these little kids driving their cars like they own the road. Yeah, I was there once, but I was taught, and learned the hard way, that a vehicle is nothing to play around with. The second that you loose respect for it's power you loose.

I went to a friends house to pick up a grill for a party I was having, and on the way home (it was raining) this Ford Explorer hydroplayed into the side of me at 70mph. I start doing 360's, and when I get facing the opposite way I was going, I see the other truck upside down, rolling towards me. It hits me again, making me spin even more. By the time everything stops, I had spun around about 5 complete times, and the Explorer flipped about 6-7 times. The driver was thrown out of the window, and died later that night. it wasn't my fault in the least bit, but it still sucks really bad knowing that I was part of the cause of another persons death. :(

I guess the point of this story is... Driving is a big resposability. You have the power to kill, and to be killed. Respect it, and use your head.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/20/2005 5:46 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya... I went to a friends house to pick up a grill for a party I was having, and on the way home (it was raining) this Ford Explorer hydroplayed into the side of me at 70mph. I start doing 360's, and when I get facing the opposite way I was going, I see the other truck upside down, rolling towards me. It hits me again, making me spin even more. By the time everything stops, I had spun around about 5 complete times, and the Explorer flipped about 6-7 times. The driver was thrown out of the window, and died later that night. it wasn't my fault in the least bit, but it still sucks really bad knowing that I was part of the cause of another persons death. :( ...

:eek:

[font=trebuchet ms]You weren't "part of the cause" in any way. No more than a tree at the side of the road would have been if that moron had hit that instead of your car. I so glad to hear that you're OK. I guess you're looking for a new car, though.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
rockonn91
rockonn91
11/20/2005 7:57 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaHave you ever been down here? :mad: You must be thinking about the Virginias or Arkansas.

heyyy dont be hatin on the virginians! :p
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/20/2005 8:32 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaHave you ever been down here? :mad: You must be thinking about the Virginias or Arkansas.

actually... yes. and I didn't mean that everyone in the southern states was like that. but there definatley are people that are like that in abundance down there as opposed to other areas of the US.
my spyspace
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/20/2005 9:53 pm

Woah, WOAH. Virginia? Redneck state? I think you're thinking of Alabama.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/21/2005 12:46 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonWoah, WOAH. Virginia? Redneck state? I think you're thinking of Alabama.

sweet home alabama (do-do-do-doon-da-da) where the skies are so blue...

sorry. got carried away
my spyspace
# 9
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/21/2005 1:11 am
I was just joking about the Virginias and Arkansas :p

We defanately have an abundance of rednecks down here, and I'm one of them. I couldn't stomach living anywhere but in the South. Nothing agains the rest of the US, it's just the lifestyle I'm used to and love.

You weren't "part of the cause" in any way. No more than a tree at the side of the road would have been if that moron had hit that instead of your car. I so glad to hear that you're OK. I guess you're looking for a new car, though.

This happened about 4 years ago. We were in my dad's truck. It didn't do a whole lot of damage to it. Just had to replace the back left side of the bed. I was still able to drive it home (talk about a quiet ride). Apart from the lady that died, the grill also didn't make it. It's just a piece of twisted steal now.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.