View post (driving a stick)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/20/2005 9:12 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswell, not in the southern states of the USA... you know what I mean... the redneck states.

Have you ever been down here? :mad: You must be thinking about the Virginias or Arkansas.

Back on topic... I think our (the US) driving laws are very poor. 90% of the teenagers I see driving aren't near about mature enough, or bright enough to carry that big of a respisability. Any moron can look at the DMV book for a few min. and pass the test, and if you're competant enough to start the vehicle and drive in a straight line, you more than likely will pass the driving test. I took drivers ed. before I got my license, for 2 reasons. 1... My insurence would be cheaper, and 2... I didn't have to take a driving test with some patrol officer. It scares me to be on the road with all these little kids driving their cars like they own the road. Yeah, I was there once, but I was taught, and learned the hard way, that a vehicle is nothing to play around with. The second that you loose respect for it's power you loose.

I went to a friends house to pick up a grill for a party I was having, and on the way home (it was raining) this Ford Explorer hydroplayed into the side of me at 70mph. I start doing 360's, and when I get facing the opposite way I was going, I see the other truck upside down, rolling towards me. It hits me again, making me spin even more. By the time everything stops, I had spun around about 5 complete times, and the Explorer flipped about 6-7 times. The driver was thrown out of the window, and died later that night. it wasn't my fault in the least bit, but it still sucks really bad knowing that I was part of the cause of another persons death. :(

I guess the point of this story is... Driving is a big resposability. You have the power to kill, and to be killed. Respect it, and use your head.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<