View post (1st guitar)

View thread

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
11/06/2005 5:53 pm
My price limit is about 120 pounds, and i need a guitar and amp.

I quite like the Behringer V-Tone package that's going for 80 pounds including everything from a strap to picks, the guitar (strat look alike, S/S/S configuration) and a kick ass amp (which is worth 50 pounds alone). However reviews were really mixed on it - some said it was a great guitar for beginning but wouldn't last the long haul, some people said it was horrible.

The other guitar is the Yamaha Pacifica 012 - which everyone has said is an amazing guitar (is in a S/S/H configuration). Howver this is a much more expensive guitar.

Is it worth it to get the Yamaha Pacifica 012 and a really dodgy second hand amp (i'll be playing with mostly headphones). Or is the Behringer a safe bet? I'm really not in the know - i like the fact that the behringer is in my price range and allows me to buy a tuner, whereas the yamaha i'll have to use my computer software to tune it.

I don't know, i don't know. I have a really strict price limit. I bet you're all going to say go with the Yamaha, but reassure me anyway.