is there as difference in fenders?

Bryan Casel
Bryan Casel
05/22/2001 3:30 am
I was wondering ,whast is the differences between fenders made in america then the fenders made in mexico?
I like fender alot and i was wondering about that.
any help would be appreciated greatly.
# 1
MaxMcD
MaxMcD
05/22/2001 4:25 pm
Fender Squires (made in mexico) suck. You mite as well buy a Samic. Squires are very poor quality.
Max McDougall
# 2
guysmiley78
guysmiley78
05/23/2001 1:03 am
first off ive only been practicing for 6 months. ive got a mexican fender strat and i love it. the differences between a mexican and american strat is basically the hardware and were the guitar is made you may also get a better wood on the body. an american strat comes with nicer string saddles than the mexican which comes with vintage style saddles but i upgraded my with graph tech string savers and the guitar never goes out of tune. you also get better pickups but the mexican strat pickups are good i like the sound that comes out of them. overall i would say get the mexican and upgrade it when you want different sounds from it. another thing you might want to consider (which i did and now own) is a squier STANDARD ( i stress standard) strat the new models are awsome the pickups are quite average but the hardware beats whats on my fender mexican strat and youll save half the cash in pocket. with the new squiers you get the big 70s style headstock a tremelo like that which comes on a american strat for about half the money of a fender made in mexico strat. and the squier fat strats are wicked pissa hope this helps you out
# 3
Jon68
Jon68
05/26/2001 2:11 pm
The American-made strats are the American Series (formerly American Standard) and American Deluxe. The American Series has upgraded hardware and the neck/body design, material and finish are upgraded from other strats. I don't know how the pickups differ from the Mexican strats. The American Deluxe has upgraded finish details and Noiseless pickups and is more like a custom-shop axe. The Noiseless pickups sound a little-different from the standard pickups, but there is very little noise. The Mexican-made strats are more like the "original" strats - the bridge hardware and tuners are very similar to old strats. There are also some hybrids - guitars that have the finish applied in Ensenada, Mexico, but are assembled in Fullerton, CA. I believe that this is due to EPA emission regulations (as well as labor costs). I believe that the Squier Strats are Pacific-Rim products. There are so many strat models now that it's hard to know where they are made, but I suspect that you can make a good guess based on price - you can buy American models starting at about $900 US, Mexican models starting about $325 and Squiers starting at about $160 for the Affinity. I have owned a standard Squier, an American Standard and an American Deluxe over the past 6 or seven years and found something to like about all of them. I currently have an American Deluxe, and like it so well that I don't even look at new guitars.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.