Children of Bodom

Shredda_42
Shredda_42
11/03/2005 7:37 am
i don't know whether to believe this but the other day i was at my cousins house and we were on msn and this person added us by accident they were meant to add this person who was one number different from my cousins email address. Anyway.....he asked where we were from and we said Australia, then he's like: cool we toured there 5 weeks ago and then we're like: cool are you in a band, then he said yeah and we asked what band, and he said well not many people have heard of us but if u have don't tell anyone my addy, then he said he's Alexi from Children of Bodom from Finland, and my cousin been the Simpl Plan/Greenday lover that she is didn't know who COB are and I only knew of them because one of my friends is fully obsessed with them so i don't know whether to believe it or not...but considering she had only made up a new email adress about a week before and because she had never heard of COB im thinking it's a possibility...
Luv SHEREE
[FONT=Impact]_,.-'`^`'-.,_"Shredda"_,.-'`^`'-.,_[/FONT]
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/03/2005 8:09 am
I'm alexi...I spend alot of time online talking with people who might take my personal information and ruin my band and life.I also play guitar sometimes...
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
heknowsnothing
heknowsnothing
11/03/2005 9:56 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartI'm alexi...I spend alot of time online talking with people who might take my personal information and ruin my band and life.I also play guitar sometimes...

:eek: lol funny
Im not ok. Im not okhayhay. Im not ok.
Im not O f****n K.
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
11/03/2005 7:10 pm
so what was his addy? lol

I would highly doubt that it was really him... did COB even tour australia 5 weeks ago? and even if they did, it doesn't mean that it was really him.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/03/2005 11:03 pm
I find it funny that Children of Bodom's most current tour dates on their web site are up to August which was 2 months ago and none of them have anything to do with Australia. See for yourself.

http://www.childrenofbodom.com/tourdates.html

Furthermore, saying that not many people know of them is complete BS. Children of Bodom is earning their way into a disgustingly big trend.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/03/2005 11:16 pm
Actually, their website seems to be cobhc.com now and they've just wrapped up an Australian tour and (I think) are starting a North American leg which will run through December.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/04/2005 1:20 am
I can only hope that COB doesn't go up "In Flames" in the future...

STICK TO THE FRIGGIN FORMULA ALEXI!
Try once,fail twice...
# 7
Shredda_42
Shredda_42
11/04/2005 9:44 am
they did come here a few weeks ago, i know 2 ppl who went to the concert and im not saying ooooh i talked to Alexi im just saying that this person added my cousin(who has never heard of COB) who claims to be Alexi...
# 8
Shredda_42
Shredda_42
11/04/2005 9:47 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI find it funny that Children of Bodom's most current tour dates on their web site are up to August which was 2 months ago and none of them have anything to do with Australia. See for yourself.

http://www.childrenofbodom.com/tourdates.html

Furthermore, saying that not many people know of them is complete BS. Children of Bodom is earning their way into a disgustingly big trend.

well not where i live....i only know a couple of people who have even heard of them
# 9
DISCIPLEofMETAL
DISCIPLEofMETAL
11/08/2005 1:48 pm
Its a shame that she didnt know who alexi is because if i met him i would go completely insane! the guy is quickly becoming one of the most talked about guitarists in the world. the dudes right up there with zakk wylde in technical ability which is a major accomplishment.
Get rollin, or get rolled over!-diamond darrell
# 10
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/08/2005 2:06 pm
Bodoms lost it...I think anyway.Time to remember good ol' SW,Hatebreeder and FTR.

Why can't bands just leave their damn sound alone!
Try once,fail twice...
# 11
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/08/2005 5:09 pm
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartWhy can't bands just leave their damn sound alone!

Because (unless you're AC/DC) it gets boring to write and record the same album 35 times in a row?

Yeah, the guitar and keyboard leads and "show-offery" took a bit of a back seat this time, but I think lyrically and vocally, Are You Dead Yet? is a cut above anything CoB has done before and I can tell you for certain that as far as the rhythm section is concerned, it is BY FAR the most interesting album they've done to date.

I once read something that Billy Joel said that I think sums my feelings up nicely; it went something to the effect of "if you're only going to do one kind of song, then what's the point?"
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 12
Robbie McCarthy
Robbie McCarthy
11/08/2005 7:09 pm
wow i love COB and as much as i'd like to believe its really him (despite i'm not the one with him on msn) i think it's probably a fraud and many people have probably already said this but i couldn't be bothered to read every entry.
# 13
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/08/2005 11:50 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovBecause (unless you're AC/DC) it gets boring to write and record the same album 35 times in a row?

Yeah, the guitar and keyboard leads and "show-offery" took a bit of a back seat this time, but I think lyrically and vocally, Are You Dead Yet? is a cut above anything CoB has done before and I can tell you for certain that as far as the rhythm section is concerned, it is BY FAR the most interesting album they've done to date.

I once read something that Billy Joel said that I think sums my feelings up nicely; it went something to the effect of "if you're only going to do one kind of song, then what's the point?"

Its not about flash,the riffs and trot along melodies just arn't there.The only song I really enjoyed was "Punch me I bleed" because of the chorus mostly(I plan on learning that song).It just sounds thrown together and sloppy.Occasionally there would be something to remind me that its cob playing,but then die.

They really hit the sound on FTR I think.Quick,catchy and tight.The guitar and keys went together like a PB n' J.

I like consistancy..thats not boring,its consistantly good.
Try once,fail twice...
# 14
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/09/2005 12:30 am
As much as I love Follow the Reaper, if they'd followed it with two albums that sounded just like it, I would be bored with it.

Just my opinion, but to me finding a "formula" that your fans dig and milking it for all its worth is just as bad as, say, starting out like CoB did then suddenly becoming an Emo or Pop Punk band. For me, there has to be some kind of evolution taking place.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
11/09/2005 1:02 am
Well, if it's really him, you can tell him to screw himself. I refuse to listen to COB because in guitar world magazine he called John Petrucci lame. RRRRRR!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 16
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/09/2005 6:48 am
I don't see them going forward in anyway though.I can't understand why a band trashes something that is good and ditches it for a sound inferior to their last(subject to personal opinion).

It really feels like a lack of effort as if they took every lousy riff they didn't use from HCDR and used them to make this album.HCDR was different from all others,but nothing was "dimmed" down.
Try once,fail twice...
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.