View post (Children of Bodom)

View thread

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
11/08/2005 11:50 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovBecause (unless you're AC/DC) it gets boring to write and record the same album 35 times in a row?

Yeah, the guitar and keyboard leads and "show-offery" took a bit of a back seat this time, but I think lyrically and vocally, Are You Dead Yet? is a cut above anything CoB has done before and I can tell you for certain that as far as the rhythm section is concerned, it is BY FAR the most interesting album they've done to date.

I once read something that Billy Joel said that I think sums my feelings up nicely; it went something to the effect of "if you're only going to do one kind of song, then what's the point?"

Its not about flash,the riffs and trot along melodies just arn't there.The only song I really enjoyed was "Punch me I bleed" because of the chorus mostly(I plan on learning that song).It just sounds thrown together and sloppy.Occasionally there would be something to remind me that its cob playing,but then die.

They really hit the sound on FTR I think.Quick,catchy and tight.The guitar and keys went together like a PB n' J.

I like consistancy..thats not boring,its consistantly good.
Try once,fail twice...