Question about becoming Instructor

Darken Rahl
Darken Rahl
11/01/2005 2:19 am
I am new to GuitarTricks but, as I was applying to become an instructor here, it said that I must have 2 valid lessons already put into the web site. As I said I am new and I have not yet become a high-bandwith subscriber but I feel that I have something to give to all the people here wishing to learn something new. And I was wondering if you have to be a high-bandwidth subscriber to post two lessons. Thanks for reading and input. ( if you do )
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
11/03/2005 8:24 pm
hmmm i do not know if you need high bandwith or not.

i dont think so....

but being an instructor is a big deal. you gotta be ready to spew out a ton of lessons. what i would say is you just give a couple lessons and mabie not go as far as being an instructor.

but if your up for it, im not stoping you. that is absolutely awesome that you're ready for that sort of commitment.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/03/2005 9:44 pm
Jon's the best one to answer this question, but as for the basics, you don't need to be a high bandwidth subscriber to post lessons.
To become an instructor you'll need to post at least 2 lessons. (preferably more) There's a lot of criteria to cover but obviously excellent guitar technique and knowledge of the instrument, an ability to write out accurate descriptions and tabs, basic theory and using proper grammar and spelling. The ability to record clean and accurate MP3 recordings. As far as I know there's a new requirement for video posting because the site is quickly updating it's video lesson content. So that would mean a video camera, some basic editing equipment and a way to convert your finished movie into flash format. An ability to cover subjects that haven't been covered previously would be a big help too. I think I heard mention of strumming techniques, tutorials on alternate tuning, more beginner lessons....
Best thing to do is spend some time on the site and get an idea what the instructors are already posting. If you can do as good, or better and can cover some topics and styles not already covered by several instructors here, then there's a good chance you'll get accepted.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.