The basics...

Joseph
Joseph
05/20/2001 4:40 am

My first guitar was a Yamaha (nylon string) 1950's acoustic, and I played this guitar like there was no tomorrow. Being that I already had a healthy knowledge oif the panio from a very young age., I thought the guitar would be a cinch, but it wasn't as easy as I expected. When you got started on guitar, did you almost quit due to the fact that the overall process wasn't as simple as you thought it would be? I know friends who are great singers, but they never had the will nor took the time to play guitrar (and I mea play very well.) Its one thing to just learn a few chords here and there, but to feel really passionate towards different styles of music (and letting your fear overcome your better judgememnt, thats more of a sign of things to come in the future.) Playing the guitar should be an enjoyable experience, and so what if others may excell more quickly than you, we all have our sweet spot, sometimes it just takes longer than usual to find it, do you feel that theres any truth to this?

Ive always had a strong will to overcone obstacles in my life, (whether its with an object or another person), once I set my mind on something I just totally follow through. With the guitar, (or any instrument) Ive always had a strong capacity to learn, not necessarily be the greatest, but to be good at it. And as the years have progressed, I'm not disappointed with my efforts, because Ive always kept an open mind when it comes to suggestion. Its important to never aquire the attitude that theres nothing left to learn, or that theres only one way of doing something, because you'll find yourself left behind before you know it.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.