The Guitar Institute

Kakarot
Kakarot
10/17/2005 3:37 pm
Anyone ever been to the guitar institute?

What kind of stuff goes on there?
http://myspace.com/empyrealdestroyer
# 1
3fingeredblues
3fingeredblues
10/20/2005 7:42 am
I had a friend who attended, and I've known a few other musicians that attended. Be prepared for intense study, lots of theory, lots of performance, and recording. Most people I know that attended felt that it was beneficial to them....you will be exposed to lots of different styles of music and will have the opportunity to see some outstanding famous musicians perform and ask questions of them. Berkley also has an outstanding music department.
Good luck to you, and be sure to bone up on your theory before you apply as they have pre entrance requirements. There are no beginner courses there!
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
10/20/2005 12:02 pm
What he said... My best friend is enrolled for the Fall semester next year (2006). If you go to the website you can look at course catolouges and all that good stuff or have free literature sent to you via email or mail. I believe that Zakk Wylde was once a student there... and I know they get a lot of free concerts and they have a lot of guest instructors. Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, John Fruscianti, John Petrucci, Zakk Wylde... are all guitarists that I know of that have done workshops and guest intruction there...
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.