View post (Instructing)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/16/2005 4:45 pm
Hi Jon/GT instructors

I've been considering applying as an instructor here on GT, but I have a few doubts that I'd like to settle myself with...
I did apply quite a while ago and was rejected (I understand why, so that's not really the issue); I'd just like some more information on where I can target my intended lessons....

Before I begin, my first question is: Is there a minimum amount of lessons an instructor has to have, or provide per month/annum, (once they've been accepted)? What would happen if I were called away with work a week after being accepted and therefore couldn't contribute for a while? (The likeliness at this point is negligable, I'm just curious)

Anyway, onto the main points...

A) I've looked at the "Becoming an instructor" section and it says that you're currently only recruiting people with video capability. I haven't got this at the moment - is it not even worth trying to apply until I get the technology? Or, if my lessons can offer something of genuine benefit, would this criteria be overlooked?

B) In terms of lessons, what are you actually looking for? Is it as much theory (not necessarily with examples) or is it techniques with excercises? Or a combination of both?

C) My first thought is lessons on rhythm playing in various styles, (from metal to country, funk to folk). This could cover chords, their theory and how to add interesting variations, to actual grooves, riffs and excercises to help improve timing. Is this something you feel the site could do with, or has this been covered already by the likes of Schmange and others? (I have back-up plans, so I'm not too concerned if it's been covered, but it is the area I feel I could bring a lot of experience to)

Or, ultimately, is it just a case of submitting a few things and letting you guys decide if the site needs them or not?

Appreciate any advice or suggestions, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.