View post (Looking for a good guitar)

View thread

Roadrashdemon
Roadrashdemon
10/03/2005 1:48 am
Alright... I'm not exactly an expert but I've got alot of experience with this. If you're just starting off, I really wouldn't recomend anything too expensive. I say if you can stick to something cheap at first, then you know you're a real guitar player. Anyways, the best beginner brand in my oppinion is Epiphone. This is a company that replicates the Gibson guitars. I respect Epiphone because unlike Squire or other cheaper brands, the company is puts forth pretty good quality. Also, I would recomend anything by Ibanez. You can get an ok Ibanez for any from $200 - 300. Personally, it think it's a great all around guitar. As for my personal favorite, I'd also recomend Jackson. This is THE metal guitar and in my oppinion you get the most bang for your buck. A decent Jackson can run anywhere from $250 - 600.

I'd also recomend that you stay away from B.C. Rich. I have nothing against that company, but I feel that they put more work on making the guitar look cool, and less emphasis on how it actually sounds and plays.

So those are just a few of my suggestions. ^_^