Elexir (didnt know where to put this thread)

baci
baci
09/29/2005 9:25 pm
Right, curious question...Are all the Strings in Elixir's range coated? i mean in a sence of are the none-wound strings coated, or is it just the Wound strings?

I got a set the other day some 9's and had my guitar setup, all was well, well i played like 6 hours yesterday and about 4-5 today, and noticed the G string is either 1>rusting or 2>Not feeling/looking too well, i can try and get a picture sometime soon, its either that, or they arn't Elixir's lol

The Guitar Tech assured me they were Elixir's and i payed the price for them aswell! :confused:

Just wanted some views/opinions, because "usually" strings dont corrode in 2 days of hard playing......Not in my experience anyways!

Well thanks in advance for any replies :)

PS. forgot to add, 1> i sweat when i play and 2> i do wipe my strings down after every session and use fast fret, before and after playing :)
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/29/2005 9:30 pm
How does it SOUND? If it still sounds nice and bright, then you're good to go.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
baci
baci
09/29/2005 9:31 pm
It sqweeks like hell, you know the nasty rusty sqweeking noise?! got some of that going on at the moment, i have another set here now, and tempted to string them up and see how long they last!!The tone on the G isnt what it shud be after 2 days (IMO)
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/29/2005 9:42 pm
Originally Posted by: baciIt sqweeks like hell, you know the nasty rusty sqweeking noise?! got some of that going on at the moment, i have another set here now, and tempted to string them up and see how long they last!!The tone on the G isnt what it shud be after 2 days (IMO)

Not if it's an elixer. I've used them before and they LAST.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
baci
baci
09/29/2005 9:43 pm
Right'o thanks for that, i think ill contact the guitar tech and Quiz him over the £12 i paid for ****ty strings! (S'cuse my language!) :mad:
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
10/04/2005 1:28 pm
Just a tip... never let a tech set your guitar up without seeing him take the strings from the box... especially if you're paying for Elixirs. He may have strung the wound strings with Elixirs and the non-wound string with some off brand. I would bite the bullet and take them off your guitar and put the in-box set that you have on your guitar and see how those are. Also, there are two types of Elixirs... nanoweb and polyweb. Check which set he put on. I've personally only used Nanowebs and I love them. Sound awesome and last forever!!! good luck
# 6
baci
baci
10/04/2005 2:43 pm
Well a week on, and they still sound bright as the day i got them, i got in touch with Elixir and they are sending me some "Alloy coated" strings, the New ones apparently, so ill see how they go, i havnt restrung it yet, but when i do, ill let you know how it goes, thanks for the Imput guys appreciate it

:p
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.