Help with my M-Audio Mobile Pre

stolly3
stolly3
09/26/2005 9:01 pm
I bought this nice mobile pre, along with an 80 dollar condensor mic, and I can't get anything to work right. When I try to record in audition, it records only a mono signal. When I record in N-Track, it records only one side instead of the usual two, and when played back it makes a high screaming noise. Also, when I record something in audition, it won't let me play it back while I record an accompanying track. What's going on here! I really want to get this working right since I paid alot for this set-up and I would like to start recording demos. Thanks for any help.
# 1
SPL
SPL
09/26/2005 11:19 pm
If you're recording a mic, you are recording in mono. You can't record a stereo track out of a mono source. Or are you actually trying to record a stereo source? How do you have it connected to the Mobile?

How are you monitoring while recording? Are you trying to monitor through the Mobile, or through your computer's sound card?

It is possible that your usb device can only handle signals in one direction, depending in what sampling rates and resolution you're recording in. If you're trying to monitor through ths Mobile, this could be what is causing you not to hear what you already recorded.
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/27/2005 12:41 pm
One more thing... Condensor mic's often need phantom power. Have you checked this? For monitoring, you will probably need to hook your speakers to the mobile pre. Or, make sure you have your playback settings correct.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.