View post (Dog-Gon Rappers)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/29/2001 2:08 am
Hey, you can say or think whatever you want. That doesn't mean that you have any grasp on reality. The same goes for me and everybody else in this world.

But the fact remains that their are good hip hop acts- I'm not a fan, but I have respect for all artists. I've come to this mind set after having gained a respect and outright love for so many things I thought I'de never get into. I can remember sitting in my dad's truck when I was about four years old thinking "why would anyone want to be a rock star? I know I don't." Well guess what? I'm working my heiny off to hold down a day job and still practice and play out as much as I possibly can. Musicians from every genre do the exact same thing every single day; even rappers and DJ's. I suspect you're still in school if you have so little appreciation for the work involved in making any kind of music. Think about all the times in your life you've been wrong about a person you know, or even yourself. A movie that looked awesome from the adds on the TV and sucked royally once you were in the theater. Or maybe the exact opposite.

Now with that in mind make the music you have to make and let go of your bitterness. Just remember that Chuck D is doing exactly the same thing.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons