View post (Dog-Gon Rappers)

View thread

Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/07/2002 3:51 pm
I could care less if I was famouse or not, I just want to play guitar. My point is, it takes more than some talent to make it like that, its just another way of going about making it big.
One of reasons she made it on that popstars program, is because she has sung everything from Christina Agulara to Metallica. Theres something to be said for versatility here.
What I'm saying is, even though I dont like that poppy kind of music, some of them do have talent and are capable of much better music, but thats the kind of music they want to do.
As far as rap goes, its the worst excuse for talent I've ever come across. At least the people I've been talking about before can sing, rap is nothing but talking, uttering meaningless profanity and having a drum machine as a bandmate. If it werent the only musical option being offered to a lot of todays youth, it wouldn't be around. People would start noticing that other music is better sounding and more complex.
Take my sister for one. She likes rap, but I've made a rock fan out of her, and now she want to learn to play guitar.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good