Firearms

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/22/2005 2:12 am
Yup. I've been playing too much Mafia.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/22/2005 2:13 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiDepends on the shotgun. A sawn-off shotty with a small pistol grip can be very easily concealed.

Such weapons are, of course, [u]very[/u] illegal.

I think the age for handguns/ammo is 21 in most states.

I want one :D he he. I bet one of those would just about break your wrist if it were a 10 ga.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/22/2005 2:48 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiYup. I've been playing too much Mafia.

it's cool, i saw once upon a time in mexico last night. i understand.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 3
orangeblood
orangeblood
09/22/2005 7:10 pm
Not if you plan on eating the deer after you've killed it (bullets spoil the meat -- more bullet tracks, more ruined venison steaks).

Perhaps you caught a hint of sarcasm?
Live your life as if you are living it for the second time and you have an opportunity to undo the terrible mistake you are about to make

--Viktor Frankl
# 4
orangeblood
orangeblood
09/22/2005 7:24 pm
Look up the second ammendment of the Bill of Rights. It's the principle of the issue that many people care about, not the practicality.

Okay, The Bill of Rights (which I have studied extensively) does not guarantee the right to own an uzi. It grants the right to bear arms for the purposes of Militia defense. That's all well and good when the idea of a big arsenal was a whole bunch of muzzleloaders that wouldn't put a dent in a twinkie at 50 yards. IMHO and in the opinion of many lawmakers in this country this particular article needs to be re-written to allow the right to own a weapon without granting the right to start an armory. This argument about rights for the sake of rights is idiotic. This article was put in place to allow militiamen to own weapons to protect from British invasion because we didn't have good military support at the time. The need for such a provision for the sake of Militia support is obsolete at best in this country. While I do feel that a right to own a weapon should be part of our constitution...I question the rationality and reason behind an obsolete article that allows any idiot out there to own an automatic weapon with which they could mow down a whole group of people in seconds.

Check it out for yourself
Live your life as if you are living it for the second time and you have an opportunity to undo the terrible mistake you are about to make

--Viktor Frankl
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/22/2005 7:31 pm
Fully automatic weapons are illegal, and not just anyone is allowed to purchase a gun.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/22/2005 7:40 pm
Originally Posted by: orangebloodI question the rationality and reason behind an obsolete article that allows any idiot out there to own an automatic weapon with which they could mow down a whole group of people in seconds.

Hmm, sure that "fact" is a product of "research?"
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 7
Old School
High Bandwidth
Old School
High Bandwidth
09/22/2005 7:57 pm
Ya gotta want one of these!!

http://www.hkpro.com/gmg.htm
Is this a Fabreze Moment? C.Y.D. 2¢
# 8
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
09/22/2005 9:36 pm
I'll take two please
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/22/2005 11:12 pm
Originally Posted by: Old SchoolYa gotta want one of these!!

http://www.hkpro.com/gmg.htm

finally! a way to ward off door-to-door salesmen!!!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/23/2005 1:28 am
Originally Posted by: orangebloodOkay, The Bill of Rights (which I have studied extensively) does not guarantee the right to own an uzi. It grants the right to bear arms for the purposes of Militia defense. That's all well and good when the idea of a big arsenal was a whole bunch of muzzleloaders that wouldn't put a dent in a twinkie at 50 yards.[/quote]
For one, the Bill of Rights reads "shall not be infringed." That sounds a lot more like "you have the right be a gun nut if you want" than it does "OK, you can be armed but not too well armed." It's also much more in line with a lot of the Scottish philosophers and thinkers whom inspired much of the Revolutionary movement here in America. Remember: This was a time when military state of the art and "common" weaponry were one and the same. Any old schmuck who had the money could build a battery of cannons if he wanted to and nobody would bat an eye about it.

Second, have you ever even SHOT one of those period muzzle loading rifles? They may not have a high rate of fire, but they do an INCREDIBLE amount of damage. The balls they shot were easily two or three times the mass of your average round shot out of a gun today and there were some DAMN good shots running around the colonies at that time.

Third, legal gun owners are not and never have been the problem. The overwhelming majority of gun crimes are committed by people who have been previously convicted of felonies (and therefore aren't legally allowed to own ANY gun anyway) and using guns bought on the black market. This is because legally bought guns are easily tracable and using one to commit a crime essentially hands the prosecutor your conviction with a pretty red bow on it.

Originally Posted by: orangebloodIMHO and in the opinion of many lawmakers in this country this particular article needs to be re-written to allow the right to own a weapon without granting the right to start an armory. This argument about rights for the sake of rights is idiotic. This article was put in place to allow militiamen to own weapons to protect from British invasion because we didn't have good military support at the time.

And because, in the event that the government they established ever stopped being what they designed it to be, they wanted the people to have the means to overthrow it... That's going to take an arsenal or two.

[QUOTE=orangeblood]The need for such a provision for the sake of Militia support is obsolete at best in this country. While I do feel that a right to own a weapon should be part of our constitution...I question the rationality and reason behind an obsolete article that allows any idiot out there to own an automatic weapon with which they could mow down a whole group of people in seconds.

Nevermind that violent crime and gun crime bears a consistently inverse corellation to gun ownership in this country (with states allowing concealed-carry permits showing the most rapid drops in crime rates), "any idiot out there" can buy any sub machine gun or assault weapon he or she wants no matter what the law says -- the UK and Austrailia are discovering this right now.

What there is a demand for, the black market will ALWAYS supply. Time and time again, it has been proven that outlawing something only takes it away from the people who choose to obey the law. Why not buy an illegal gun as long as you're going to rob a bank anyway? Besides, it's not like anybody can shoot back at you.

Of course, all of this is moot -- nobody here can just go out and buy a machine gun. You need a special (very expensive) permit that you need to go through a very extensive background check to get and then each time you want to buy (an invariably very expensive) weapon which falls under that permit, you have to pay additional expensive fees to the government for the privelege of owning it.

NOBODY is going to go through all of that so they can turn around and start robbing banks or shooting up preschools.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
=stringbreaker=
=stringbreaker=
09/23/2005 5:27 pm
hey dudes they dont let people over here (in N Ireland) have guns because of all the IRA, UVF and the million others. we cant even own air rifles exept low power ones. u dudes are lucky
OK, A guy walks into a building and says... ouch :D
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.