Out with the (not so) old......

scarface84
scarface84
09/17/2005 3:47 am
I bought a new guitar this summer, but when i was browsing the ESP website i found another guitar, so i'm thinking of selling the guitar i have, buy the ESP-guitar, and fit it with better pickups. The guitar i have now is an Ibanez RG350EX And the one i'm buying is an ESP M-100FM
Any comments, suggestions or advice? :o
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
09/17/2005 5:24 am
I am a big fan of ESP guitars especially the EC 400. Anyway it seems to me that the Ibanez you currently own is a better guitar than the low end ESP. The Ibanez haz the wizard II neck which is supposed to be pretty good from the reviews I read. I like the sharktooth inlays. It also has 2 humbuckers and one single coil in the middle which gives you more switching options for many different possible tones. Why don't you just pick some new pickups out for the Ibanez? The only things I like better about that particular ESP is it's agathis body with a maple top not basswood and it has a licensed FR trem on it instead of a edge III.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/17/2005 8:14 am
I doubt it would be that difficult to put a licensed floyd into the ibanez...

but, what I don't understand is, why sell the ibanez for the ESP? I mean, I like esp's, but I aslo like ibanez's. and I'm wondering why? what is better about the ESP that is better then the ibanez? does it sound better? have you even tried one?

I would try one before I go selling the ibanez though, because, what if it turns out that the ESP doesn't sound as good as the ibanez, and you decide to change your mind... well.. too late then!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/17/2005 10:14 am
I would steer clear of low end Esp/Ltd models if that Ibanez is your alternative...I like esp, but the Rg you have is well up the models list, where as the esp is second from bottom...it is an entry level guitar...either stick with the Ibanez, or look for a nicer Esp...thats what I would do.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
scarface84
scarface84
09/17/2005 1:13 pm
I should have explained why i want to buy it, sry :o

Basically, i like the way it looks (alot) and i don't like the edge pro bridge on my ibanez or the shark tooth inlays for that matter, i'm pretty positive that my current pickups are better than the ESP ones, that's why i would change them to EMG's or something else when i buy it. I'm a sucker for looks i guess, so i you know of any other guitars that look like that ESP, please let me know. And btw, i 'm not keeping both guitars, because 1: i only need one guitar and 2:i don't have as much $$$$$ as i would like to have, so i would sell the ibanez and buy expensive pickups instead.
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/17/2005 5:10 pm
I have played only one ESP LTD, an EC-100QM ok, the one I saw had this gorgeous quilt top, it was one of the best quilt tops I had ever seen. so, I just had to try it out. so the guy at the store set me up through a marshall JCM2000 TSL100, and it sounded awesome, but then I said to him something like "but, anything would sound good through this amp" and much to his disappointment, I asked to try it out through an amp identical to the one I own. and guess what? although the guitar looked, and felt nice, the sound was not all that great, not near as good as my gibson... so, needless to say, I left that store without spending a dime.

so, please, try it out first if you are serious about it, otherwise you will never know if it is actually worse then your ibanez...

personally, I would just stick with the ibanez, it's bad to pick a guitar based on looks, go for sound and feel first, then turn to looks... you can find good sounding guitars that look equally as good. just check out my gibson SG, which looks, sounds, and plays better then any other guitar that I've played in the price range ($650)

my spyspace
# 6
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
09/17/2005 11:05 pm
gotta agree with 6strings on the feel and sound of a guitar being very important! Especially the feel. If you can find a guitar that feels great in your hands for a price that's not too hard on the wallet, you can always change the pickups or something to get the sound or tone you want. The feel is the deal. ;)
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 7
scarface84
scarface84
09/18/2005 3:19 am
thanx guys, i'll guess i'll keep looking...
# 8
scarface84
scarface84
09/18/2005 3:19 pm
Found This one , gonna go try it soon, what do you think? Btw does anyone know if it's difficult to play without all inlays? because this one only has an inlay at the 12:th fret, and thats it.
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/18/2005 8:08 pm
Originally Posted by: scarface84Found This one , gonna go try it soon, what do you think? Btw does anyone know if it's difficult to play without all inlays? because this one only has an inlay at the 12:th fret, and thats it.

I believe that even though it only has one inlay on the front, visible part of the fretboard, it still has those little dots along the side of the fretboard that you can see.
my spyspace
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.