If anyone's got a problem with Time Warner, here's the place to speak up

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
09/10/2005 4:36 pm
Ok, so I came home on lunch break one day and noticed that my neighbors (the ones that lived downstairs and had moved out and a week ago moved back in and have since been driving me nuts) had a direct tv dish installed right above my door. No problem, but upon my arrival at my computer I noticed that my internet was off. It was on that very morning, but go figure. I'm left to assume that my internet was hindered during the installation of the dish. No problem, so I called Time Warner and waded through their stupid automated answering machine until I was able to speak to an actual life form to tell them there's a problem and they need to fix it. Naturally they agree and schedule it to two days later at about 5:30 so I'll be able to make it home from work and meet them there. All is well, up until Thursday at about 2:00 when I get a call from the guy saying that he was way early and had fixed the problem. Oh, come to find out when I got home they didn't fix anything. They'd just shown up when I said not to. So I got the honor of waiting another two days just so some guy can come out here and fix a problem within 5 minutes. Yay. It wasn't that bad though, I caught up on some reading in the mean time and worked on some ideas for a next song that my band and I will most likely work on. Oh yeah, the band's been pretty much encompassing all of my time as well. Our rhythm guitarist is quite a slack off and has contributed next to nothing other than a reliable place to jam and hasn't bothered to even try and learn anything we've written. Oh well, his attitude about the whole deal wasn't ever really nice and we're planning on canning him anyway. Other than that, though, the band's going good. We spent the better part of 2 or 3 weeks writing one song which doesn't suck. Score. And those reasons above are all the combined reasons as to why I've been gone.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
quickfingers
quickfingers
09/10/2005 8:52 pm
post some stuff up wehn you get the chance, ill definetly like to hear it.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
09/10/2005 10:32 pm
We're working on it. We've only recorded one demo of one song, well... me and the vocalist. The both of us were at my place and bored out of our minds so I recorded guitars, bass, some vocals and programmed the drums on my computer (which came out crappy, but better than nothing) and he did the vocals. The solo was about 50% improvised so I wasn't really shooting for any standards at the time. Only problem was the end result. The quality was good for what it was. The bass was audible, the vocals didn't drown anything out, the guitars came through just as well, but I programmed the drums and recorded the instruments at a different frequency. So by the end of the song everything started to fall out of sync and I didn't notice that until everything was cleaned up and by then it was well after hours and I didn't want to bother my neighbors with any more screaming. Oh well, it was just a demo of a demo anyway. If we were serious about it we'd have made sure everyone was there doing their part... well, maybe not the rhythm guitarist. He seems to be having trouble keeping up.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.