View post (Same equip., different tone.....)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/09/2005 1:30 pm
I notice the same thing with both my guitars. Other than the obvious pitch difference, lower tunnings have a looser, chunkier feel, where standard tunnings have a tighter more focused feel. I like the characteristics of both. I also find that both my guitars work equaly well at both standard and a whole step down. Lower tunnings also give a darker feel along with tone. I usually keep my guitars a half step down, which seems to be a happy medium of both characteristics. I'm able to get the chunkyness, but still keep things together. I actually prefer a whole step down though.

[Rant/]
It really pisses me off when guitarist bitch about people who tune their guitars low. True enough, there are some bands who do that and just chug away on the bottom few strings, but then there are those who do it for the tone and feel it creates. So, to anybody who comes in here and say's people who tune there guitars low don't know how to play, I say piss off until you know what the hell you're talking about! :mad:
[Rant]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<