black Ice capacitor

lesismore14
lesismore14
08/20/2005 6:23 am
I recently stumbled upon the Black Ice Overdrive capacitor. Check it out here at StewMac:Black Ice
I was going to install a TBX tone control as a master tone control, and use another tone pot for the black Ice (I guess you install it just like you would a standard capacitor). I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the Black Ice capacitor, and could give me some feedback on it, I have never heard it in action, and I would much rather hear it, or hear more about it (stewmac doesn't give a very detailed description).

Please contact me if you know anything about this subject. Thanks.
[FONT=palatino linotype]Lesismore[/FONT]
# 1
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
08/28/2005 4:05 am
I've worked on several Electic guitars and everyone I'v come across has had a ' Treble cut ' tone control.
Different size capacitors will give a different range of tone control
Normally as you turn the tone pot towards bass more and more treble frequencies are shorted to ground - So yes I think the ' black ice ' would be connected the same way - Fascinating ?
Please let me know how you get on
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 2
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
08/29/2005 7:47 am
I have earlier this year repaired a Squier and an Encore,
On both occasions both the tone controls used the same capacitor - the cap is cleverly Wired to both tone pots - however only one tone control is active at any time depending on the position of the pick up selector switch
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.