View post (Ibanez RG - The resurrection)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
08/21/2005 12:14 am
haha, wood glue and clamps are a guitarist's best friends. well, not really but acutally, i had to do the same thing for my guitar. problem is, i have one electric guitar, and thats the one that broke. i was coming back from school, and while wlaking up to my house, the top of my guitar strap broke right off, and it just basically catapulted the head of my guitar to the ground. ive only been playing guitar for 2 years, but i consider myself a pretty good guitarist, especially for that long of playing. however, i spend most my money on books, not a new guitar. thats partly the reason why i hate kids that have gibsons that cant tell their thumb from their asshole. but anywho, i brought it right in to my kitchen table to asses the damage. right when i opened my case i could hear metal jingling, which usually isnt the best sign. i opened it and found the head of my guitar split right in half. the split went from the side a bit, totally breaking loose my small E and B tuning pegs, down right to the neck. luckilly, there was no damage to the neck wehre it would affect my playing on it, like there was no split by the first fret. but even so, it was very close, and my guitar was totally ****ed up. the split forked up near my E and B tuning peg slots, so i had 2 peices of wood completely off my guitar. i had to reallign the tuning pegs by hand and use wood glue to put it back together. i clamped it with 2 metal clamps that go tight by using a screwdriver. that was about 4 months ago, and its held up nicely. almost absolutely no tuning problems whatsoever. i mean, it doesnt have a fixed bridge, so i woudlnt expect it to stay exactly in tune al lthe time, of course. id show you pictures, but you couldnt really tell where the splits where becasue its got glue residue along the top and bottom. moral of the story, my guitar still looks like a peice of ****, and its a 150$ squire strat, but its all i got for the moment, and it still plays as good as i bought it, amazingly.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE