legalization

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/29/2005 2:46 am
Yellow jackets? Yeah, one could easily kill themselves with those. My friend just used no-doze or whatever the generic stuff is called these days.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 3:47 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60I had a good friend who was the King of All Partiers 'round here. We used to spend a lot of weekends dropping acid and eating speed like they were Flintstone chewables...
[font=trebuchet ms]About 10 years ago, I was at work the day before a stretched weekend where I put in for a Friday and a Monday off. One of my co-workers asked if I was going back to Kingston to party with all my buddies from back in the day. I didn't even take the time to think about the implications, I just blurted out the truth -

"Nah, all but a few of 'em are dead, and there's nothin' left to say to them that are still alive."[/font] :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/29/2005 1:21 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]"Nah, all but a few of 'em are dead, and there's nothin' left to say to them that are still alive."[/font] :(

Why does it seem like you'll be friends forever when you're young and partying all the time with the same group? I had dozens of really good friends in high school, and I only keep in touch with 2 of them. I had twice as many in college and I only talk to maybe 4 or 5 of them and I've only been out of college a little over a year. It's kinda sad really, paths cross and uncross through the passage of time.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 2:20 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]A lot of the un-crossed paths I was referring to happened because the warning that "Speed Kills" has nothing to do with driving. My fear of needles kept me safe, but I watched a lot of people destroy themselves.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
07/29/2005 5:25 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiOn the plus side, that does explain how my friend who tried to kill himself with caffeine pills didn't succeed.

Rofl, wow. Well, takeing caffeine pills really wont kill you unless its really hardcore, but it WILL give you a horrible horrible couple of hours and make you think your dying...please everyone dont be a dumbass like me.

About the pot thing, I dont have a problem with it being illegal. There is plenty available at any moment, you just dont get to walk down the road with a sign on you saying "Hey look im smoking a ****ing joint". I mean its probably better off staying illegal cause i know i dont want to see my 12 year old sister with a pound of weed passing it out to her friends.

Besides if it was legalized there prolly would be alot more **** out there. Not good pot, more people trying to sell people oregano or lacing it with bug spray and eventually there wouldnt be enough weed around anymore, because the wouldnt be able to grow enough to meet demands.

I say just carry on with the way we are doing it, its working, a ton of people can get access to it, but not so much access that little kids can be smoking it at recess.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/29/2005 6:18 pm
Rofl, wow. Well, takeing caffeine pills really wont kill you unless its really hardcore

Is two full boxes hardcore?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/29/2005 6:31 pm
Caffeine and Ephedra are very different.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
07/30/2005 7:24 pm
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0x About the pot thing, I dont have a problem with it being illegal. There is plenty available at any moment, you just dont get to walk down the road with a sign on you saying "Hey look im smoking a ****ing joint". I mean its probably better off staying illegal cause i know i dont want to see my 12 year old sister with a pound of weed passing it out to her friends.

Besides if it was legalized there prolly would be alot more **** out there. Not good pot, more people trying to sell people oregano or lacing it with bug spray and eventually there wouldnt be enough weed around anymore, because the wouldnt be able to grow enough to meet demands.

I say just carry on with the way we are doing it, its working, a ton of people can get access to it, but not so much access that little kids can be smoking it at recess.

It may never be legal, but I think it would be pretty cool if it was decriminilized. I think there should be an age limit, probably 18, and no driving.

You know things are bad when you can get stronger drugs at a pharmacy than you can on the streets. With that said....
When I was a senior in HS, I was having a pretty rough week. At the time I wasn't smoking so I looked for the next best thing....Robitussen. Holy crap!!! I drank a 4 oz bottle before school and I was still a little tingly when I went to bed around 1 in the morning. I was trippin balls all day! I threw up 3 times before noon, but that didn't slow things down at all. That wan't the most I have ever been messed up, but it was pretty darn close. I would pass out in a class and just start seeing stuff. In my english class, I saw all these cardboard cutouts of dinosaurs moving really quick in front of me. I wouldn't recommend ever doing that. I will probably never do that again, but I have to say, it was the best $4 that I have spent in my entire life, and I didn't have a cough for about a week afterwards.
1 Peter 2:16
# 8
SpeckledJim
SpeckledJim
07/30/2005 11:30 pm
i havent read all of this thread because i cant be arsed. What i will say is that i dont really care if its leagalised or not. I live in Scotland and have been tokin for a while now and i have no problem with the law or supply. :D
Fender telecaster (2004)
Ash body
# 9
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/31/2005 2:43 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]About 10 years ago, I was at work the day before a stretched weekend where I put in for a Friday and a Monday off. One of my co-workers asked if I was going back to Kingston to party with all my buddies from back in the day. I didn't even take the time to think about the implications, I just blurted out the truth -

"Nah, all but a few of 'em are dead, and there's nothin' left to say to them that are still alive."[/font] :(

I can understand that. It's a strange phenomenon, how cross and criss-cross each others lives but also how we all change as we go forward. Like you, a number of my friends are dead and the ones that remain, I have nothing in common with anymore.

My closest friend and I have been friends since the 8th grade so it is possible to hang on to the true friends you make as you go.

On the plus side, you're constantly meeting new people and forming new friends and relationships.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 10
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/01/2005 12:33 am
One of you brought up the arguement that alcohol is legal, and therefore marijuana should be too. Did you know that there was a time (way, way, way back in the day) when alcohol was banned? To put it simply: it didn't work. I don't really know the details, but it was put up so people would seem more upstanding, chivalrous and sophisticated - instead it made them riot... (But we're talking like 18th/19th century I believe... don't know the exact dates...)

My mother actually told me once that she would rather me drive high than drive drunk - 'cuz if you're driving drunk you wanna go 75 MPH on a 30, while if you're high, you just wanna chill and coast on home (or trudge on home...)
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 11
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/01/2005 2:08 am
Ace-I am not sure about the 17th or 18th century alcohol ban you're speaking of, but let's not forget prohibition in this country in the twenties. It too failed miserably. And it was what really gave Organized Crime it's foothold. Capone and many others made their fortunes making and selling illegal hootch.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 12
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
08/01/2005 3:48 am
Genesis 1:29-31 29Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, [U]I have given every green plant for food[/U]"; and it was so. 31God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

1 Timothy 4:1-4 1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3men who forbid marriage and [U]advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; [/U]

Not really sure if the second verse is refering to cannabis, but it sounds like a possibility to me. Marijuana has been illegal in the US for only 68 years. It has been used by many cultures around the world for about 5,000 years. Hemp, and specifically Cannabis sativa, is an amazing plant. It can be used for fuel, textile, food, and medicine, among other things. God created hemp for a reason. Who knows, maybe God did smoke cannabis.
# 13
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
08/02/2005 1:58 am
Originally Posted by: crazywolfWhen I was a senior in HS, I was having a pretty rough week. At the time I wasn't smoking so I looked for the next best thing....Robitussen. Holy crap!!! I drank a 4 oz bottle before school and I was still a little tingly when I went to bed around 1 in the morning. I was trippin balls all day! I threw up 3 times before noon, but that didn't slow things down at all. That wan't the most I have ever been messed up, but it was pretty darn close. I would pass out in a class and just start seeing stuff. In my english class, I saw all these cardboard cutouts of dinosaurs moving really quick in front of me. I wouldn't recommend ever doing that. I will probably never do that again, but I have to say, it was the best $4 that I have spent in my entire life, and I didn't have a cough for about a week afterwards.

ROFL!!!! Wtf made you think of Robitussen??? That stuff is so gross. I never take stuff to make me feel a kind of high sensation, it just always ends up being a mixture of curiosity and stupidity.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 14
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
08/02/2005 2:10 am
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0x.

ROFL!!!! Wtf made you think of Robitussen??? That stuff is so gross. I never take stuff to make me feel a kind of high sensation, it just always ends up being a mixture of curiosity and stupidity.

Man, don't knock it till you have tried. I was trippin balls for about 12 hours!!
# 15
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/02/2005 3:46 am
I knew kids back in school that'd do that too. We called it Robo-tripping, I forget the name of the active ingredient that acts like a hallucinogen, but I doubt it's very safe...
My YouTube Profile
# 16
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
08/02/2005 4:21 am
The hal. is Dextromethorphan (DXM).

Word of warning- don't ever chug cough syrup with acetaminophen/paracetamol in it
-A.H.
# 17
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2005 2:56 pm
Oh man, I forgot about DXM! It's not sold in stores in Indiana anymore... but you use to be able to buy it in a powder for that was almost pure DXM. People would mix a small amount in orange juice or something else and it was basically cough syrup that tasted better than robatussin. A few of my friends would do it on the weekends... I wouldn't because I was never into "chemicals". I would go hang out with them and just video tape all the stupid stuff they would do and make them do stupid stuff. They would mix about a half cup of the DXM and a cup and a half of orange juice and then chug it. They would throw up continuosly for about 20 minutes... then... they would trip for about 12-20 hours. Popular things that they would do is think that they're firemen and that everything is on fire... or think that their feet are stuck to the floor... or their hands get stuck to their face. One time one of them got onto the couch and started jumping up and down singing "10 little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head, momma called the doctor and the doctor said... no more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!!" he did that for about 4 hours straigh..... and I'm not lying. haha... ah. good times. I will have to try and dig out those old videos and see if I can't get them on my computer so I can post them. haha...
# 18
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/02/2005 3:52 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI will have to try and dig out those old videos and see if I can't get them on my computer so I can post them. haha...

Now that would be some first class entertainment :D
My YouTube Profile
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.