View post (Offensive language)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/18/2005 9:39 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOnei swear like a sailor. i am full of profanity. but it's for emphatic purposes, generally... "my head f-ing hurts" or "nah, i didn't take that apartment.... it looks like s---." i have absolutely nothing against "bad words," "cursing," "swearing," "cussing" or "profanity" whatsoever. I also know when it's not appropriate to use it; for better or worse, if you're a politician and you're speaking to a group and you drop the F bomb, people are going to talk. Especially on today's completely and utterly retarded morality kick, people are going to question whether you're a clean enough person to lead.

So at work, I don't swear (until i'm in the break room). I don't when I'm talknig to a group of people, unless they're people like me.

That pretty much routes to "there's a time and a place for everything." A lot of my coworkers were shocked when I told them how foul of a mouth I actually have. Some of them refused to believe me since I'm (somehow) able to clean it up a lot come business hours. Other coworkers have the fortunate experience of me splurging a damn, hell or **** here and there. But I've never dropped the "F" down.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.