Any of you from or with friends and/or with family in London...

Portis_26
Portis_26
07/08/2005 12:08 am
my moms friend from like 1st grade went over there yesturday, havent heard from them yet though
# 1
mike&theblues
mike&theblues
07/08/2005 12:34 am
Terrorist attack didn't seem to mean anything to him, it amazed me how some people can be so insensitive.
# 2
killerqueen
killerqueen
07/08/2005 12:34 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggGlad you're alright Andrew!

same here!!

i was supposed to go in and meet a friend at kings cross at 12.00 so i'm a bit shocked! hasnt helped that (as i live on the outskirts of london) every 10 minutes earlier there were fire engines, police and a bomb disposal unit speeding past.

it's just mind numbing that people can do that... it's all so pointless. they werent blowing up world leaders or any kind of symbolic landmark, just killing innocent people.
it's just sickening.
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/08/2005 2:55 am
It just sickens me to see this sort of thing. Again. It, like most killing, makes no sense at all. None. Innocent lives lost so that someone, somewhere, can chant and hold rifles over their heads and scream 'victory.' Victory? Over what? It's done to make a point? What point could possibly be worth innocent lives and hundreds upon hundreds of injuries?

When I was in the service, I can remember being briefed once by a Special Forces Commander. He told us that the most dangerous enemy to fight is not the one with the newest and biggest weapons and not the one with the largest army. The most dangerous enemy of all is the one that truly believes that what they are doing is right.

So more people die over theology or an ideology. Children left dead, wounded or suffering the loss of a parent or a loved one for what?

I truly feel for the Londoners. Remember, you're not alone in this.

And whether you believe in God, Allah, Muhammed, Buda or in the myriad of other faiths. Or Nothing. Or the Grand Karmic Tapestry. Regardless, you have to agree that this sort of thing really makes you think about the nature of man. Just as 9/11 shook us to the very core of our existence, this is just another reminder that the most vile and horrible threat to man is ... man.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/08/2005 3:04 am
Originally Posted by: silentmusicIts a sad day for those poor people hurt or killed in London yesterday :( i can only hope that their familys and friends have the strengh to get through this horrible time.. I have relations in London and thankfully they are ok.. why do innocent people always get hurt or killed for no reason? :(

Because the sick b******* of Al "Douchbag" are jealous that we live in these countries and that we have freedom to choose how we live our lives. But, they are also very angry that we are bombing them at that we also kill their innocent peoples. But that is no excuse to end more lives when this could be resolved by a treaty. But the problem is it would be broken within hours with the governments we have today.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
ren
ren
07/08/2005 7:31 am
Originally Posted by: Akirareligion seems to cause so many problems.

The main reason I have nothing to do with it either - one of the things it would be nice to forget we ever had.

I've now managed to get in contact with all my friends and family in London, and all are intact. A couple were shut in their office by the Police for fear of contamination, and gave slightly too graphic information on what they had seen....

'Jihad' my arse.... things like this bring out so many conflicting emotions in me, as well as personality traits I don't like to acknowledge I have.... I wonder how people can hate so much they do things like this, and then realise I'm pretty close to hating them by roughly the same amount...

Now, I just wonder about what will happen today - I keep thinking, they've already done this once in Madrid so they'll probably be going bigger and 'better'....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/08/2005 1:46 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'd almost lost faith by the end of that post that you were going to actually make me go look elsewhere. Sure it would've been faster, but I suck. What do you expect? Thanks for sparing me. Any who. Sucky news. My condolences to whomever it applies to.

Thanks Raskolnikov.

I was just busting your balls a little.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/08/2005 3:09 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraWe're not as free as you think.

True, for instance we're not allowed to practice or not practice whatever religion we like, and our women aren't allowed to drive or go out in public unless wearing proper garments of a certain religious traditio...WAIT A MINUTE!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/09/2005 11:52 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI was just busting your balls a little.

And I appreciate it. Really, I do. Keeps me on my toes.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
kingdavid
kingdavid
07/11/2005 9:29 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions...Sure it would've been faster, but I suck. What do you expect?...

See that thing at the top left corner of the page you're currently reading written "File"?
Click it.
Click on "New window"
On the space where you normally type www.guitartricks.com, type cnn.com
Enter.
You can't suck [u]that much[/u].
# 10
kingdavid
kingdavid
07/11/2005 9:32 am
Originally Posted by: killerqueen...it's just mind numbing that people can do that... it's all so pointless. they werent blowing up world leaders or any kind of symbolic landmark, just killing innocent people.
it's just sickening.

Yeah man!!
You think you're a bad muther****er?!?!
GO KILL BUSH GODDAMMITT!!!!

# 11
kingdavid
kingdavid
07/11/2005 9:37 am
Originally Posted by: Akira...This is one of the reasons why I don't believe in God; religion seems to cause so many problems...

Religion is not the problem. People are. They just use religion, or race or clan or anything else, for an excuse, and a bad one at that.
What's Northern Ireland about? Catholics vs. Protestants. I'd have sworn they're all christians.
Somalia? Clan A vs. clan B. All are muslims, smae tribe, same religion, same language, but still.
When people want to commit evil or steal or plunder, they'll use anything as an excuse.
But it's just that, an excuse.
# 12
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/11/2005 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidYou can't suck [u]that much[/u].

Want to bet?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.