View post (Any of you from or with friends and/or with family in London...)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/08/2005 2:55 am
It just sickens me to see this sort of thing. Again. It, like most killing, makes no sense at all. None. Innocent lives lost so that someone, somewhere, can chant and hold rifles over their heads and scream 'victory.' Victory? Over what? It's done to make a point? What point could possibly be worth innocent lives and hundreds upon hundreds of injuries?

When I was in the service, I can remember being briefed once by a Special Forces Commander. He told us that the most dangerous enemy to fight is not the one with the newest and biggest weapons and not the one with the largest army. The most dangerous enemy of all is the one that truly believes that what they are doing is right.

So more people die over theology or an ideology. Children left dead, wounded or suffering the loss of a parent or a loved one for what?

I truly feel for the Londoners. Remember, you're not alone in this.

And whether you believe in God, Allah, Muhammed, Buda or in the myriad of other faiths. Or Nothing. Or the Grand Karmic Tapestry. Regardless, you have to agree that this sort of thing really makes you think about the nature of man. Just as 9/11 shook us to the very core of our existence, this is just another reminder that the most vile and horrible threat to man is ... man.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]