no more smoking...

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/01/2005 1:43 pm
That's great Rustee! I, unfortunately, still smoke, but I am working on building up the courage and will power to quit. I've tried a time or two (didn't try very hard mind you), but always ended back smoking. I think part of it is because I don't have anybody around me enough to help support me. I'm working on it though :o. In fact, I think I'll try to not smoke another cigarette today. If I can do that, then I'll work on it again tomorrow.

When I run the idea through my head, what Jon said seems to make me feel more at ease. Worry about not smoking today, not tomorrow or the rest of your life, because you have to make it through today before you can work on tomorrow. Thinking about not smoking for one day is a lot easier to handle than thinking about never lighting up another cigarette.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Blakey24
Blakey24
12/01/2005 2:15 pm
It's a bitch dude. I know all about quitting things cold turkey all to well. Congrats on your great achievement (of course non-smoking people think we ex-smokers have no self control in the 1st place),Its weird how somthing nasty can basically takeover a persons precious time and money and you never hardly think twice bout quitting. You got a good head on your shoulders dude and stay smoke free(well at least tobacco free.)Blake from Bay St. Louis MS 1 more thing I quit smokin during the hurricane cause if you didn't stock up on squares you were **** buddy. Stores didn't have lights for 2 weeks and took 6 hr drive or more to get gas so I guess everybody has a realization to quit you jus have totake the opportunity.L8r :cool:
# 2
scarface84
scarface84
12/01/2005 2:20 pm
Quitting smoking is not difficult at all. I've done it lots of times. :rolleyes: but seriously, it's really hard to quit, it's been almost 2 years 4 me without a cigarette.
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/01/2005 4:17 pm
Originally Posted by: redspecialoh god! i feel crappy as hell! :mad:
its like 3 days ago last time that i smoking...

whatever, i should resist!
im crawling like snake day to night...
i meet the animal inside of me, u know the primitive side of brain... :o

i quit in september. certainly not an easy thing to do and i applaud your strength and hope you hold out. :)
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/01/2005 4:32 pm
Originally Posted by: Blakey24It's a bitch dude. I know all about quitting things cold turkey all to well. Congrats on your great achievement (of course non-smoking people think we ex-smokers have no self control in the 1st place),Its weird how somthing nasty can basically takeover a persons precious time and money and you never hardly think twice bout quitting. You got a good head on your shoulders dude and stay smoke free(well at least tobacco free.)Blake from Bay St. Louis MS 1 more thing I quit smokin during the hurricane cause if you didn't stock up on squares you were **** buddy. Stores didn't have lights for 2 weeks and took 6 hr drive or more to get gas so I guess everybody has a realization to quit you jus have totake the opportunity.L8r :cool:

Sweet! Someone else from Ms. You're the first person I've ever seen on here from Ms., other than me. Welcome to GT!

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/01/2005 4:57 pm
Cigarettes suck... there's just nothing cool about something with the side effects that cigarettes have.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.