weird song?

Ksocr39
Ksocr39
06/28/2005 8:23 pm
it's kind of a weird format...well...not too bad i hope. it's not really sad, but in hermonic keys..i dn just tell me wut u think, it seems weird to me but i like it

~gone~

i'm gonna free myself
makin my way down the road
i'm gonna fly away
spreadin my wings, let me soar
i'm goin away
far away
i'm wishin now
to be myself

i'm gonna break the chains
cause they held me down to you
i'm gonna let me go
into the world i never knew
i'm goin away
far away
i'm wishin now
to be myself

(bridge)
you don't know me
you can't see me
you don't know if
i still exist
no ropes are tied
to my life
i can't hold on
for you solong

(Chorus):
and i break
and i lose it
now i'm gone
on my own
i thought it through my head
i had it all planed out
i was packed and set
and then i broke away

i'm gone i'm gone
i'm tellin you
i'm gone i'm gone
i'm tellin you
i'm gone i'm gone
i've broken away

guitar solo

and i break
from the pain
now i'm gone
on my own
i had it all planed out
i was packed and set
and then i broke away
i had it all planned out
i was packed and set
and then i broke away

(slower)
i'm on my own
all alone
i'm by myself
devoid of chains
i made it through
now i'm gone
[FONT=Verdana]coolest person ever![/FONT] :eek:
# 1
Ksocr39
Ksocr39
07/05/2005 8:49 pm
wow no one has replied? i'd really like some feedback on this song, b/c i want my band to play it...but they think its about suicide...and its not, but they r gay so wut ev. actually they r really cool..they mainly rn't sure if we should play it b/c its not really the type of music we play...but u never no
PLZ! FEEDBACK!
[FONT=Verdana]coolest person ever![/FONT] :eek:
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
07/06/2005 12:14 pm
Doesn't seem to be about suicide at all... just getting away from something that's holding you down. It's pretty good. Lyrics are all better critiqued when you have the music to go with it. I thought it wasn't too bad though.
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/06/2005 3:15 pm
Don't type in shorthand.

That said...

This song reminds me of U2's "Beautiful Day" (structurally, I mean). I'd like to hear this with the music behind them, because the theme has been used, reused, and used again by various artists (for an example see Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again"). I think the music in a song with a commonplace theme can sometimes make up for that.

Oh, and for God's sake don't say "I'm gonna let me go." "It's time to let me go," "It's time for me to go," or even "I think it's time to go."

This song is clearly not about suicide. Your friends should stop listening to bad Emo music or Papa Roach, whichever.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/12/2005 8:49 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollyson Your friends should stop listening to bad Emo music or Papa Roach, whichever.

how ridiculous is that new papa roach song...you can tell they are just an old and obsolete new metal band, trying anything (even emo) for just one more hit...kinda like Motley Crue...except nowhere near as bad...Motley Crue has almost spoiled their legendary heyday by releasing absolute crap now...bands should know when to give it up...

Is it better to burn out than to fade away?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5
ren
ren
07/12/2005 10:18 am
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaIs it better to burn out than to fade away?

Not for the bank balance :D

Even when you become a laughing stock, your records will still sell because people wonder if you really have gotten as bad as everyone says. The fact that most artists in the chart sell any records amazes me.

In the UK, the 'crazy frog' version of Axel F was number one for something like 5 weeks, and it's some kind of ring tone inspired crap, with a bloke doing a vocal impression of a vespa? WTF? You can't credit the buying public (probably mostly kids) with any taste...

Would Hendrix rather be a legend, but dead, or mediocre but alive?

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/12/2005 11:09 am
That frog thing is a ****!

As for the Metallica issue...I must agree, and I am ashamed to admit that I actually own that album...was one of those things where I just had to see if they were as crap as everyone said they were....so I guess you are right.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/12/2005 7:49 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sahow ridiculous is that new papa roach song...you can tell they are just an old and obsolete new metal band, trying anything (even emo) for just one more hit...kinda like Motley Crue...except nowhere near as bad...Motley Crue has almost spoiled their legendary heyday by releasing absolute crap now...bands should know when to give it up...

Is it better to burn out than to fade away?

Yeah, that new track is horrendous. However, I never liked their original hit, I mean that one line "Suffocation, no breathing" pissed me off to no end. Thanks, guys, I didn't know what "suffocation" meant until your song brought forth it's brilliant ray of light.

Suffocation? Oh, that's "no breathing." Thanks a million!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 8
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
07/24/2005 8:14 pm
The lyrics are all right but you need to take out the reference to breaking chains as it has become such a cliche. that said, you should never feel bound by normal song structure. :cool:
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.