one word = soloing

LearningGuitar
LearningGuitar
06/21/2005 11:54 pm
sounds like an easy word eh well i wanna learn how to practice soloing and getting better at it ive tried scales and messing with them alittle it helps alot im not saying it doesnt but i was wondering what else could i do or practice for soloing.....
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/22/2005 12:52 am
A lot more goes into solos than just scales. If you want to add some pizazz to it try some new techniques. It's all in how you want it to sound, hammer-ons and pull-offs can go a long way, let alone the bends, harmonics, taps and.. well, just about everything else. But if you want to give some color to your solos, improve on your technique and apply it to leads. That'd be what I'd suggest anyway. Just keep working with it and try things. And watch videos of others play. Nothing helps quite like observing someone else's technique.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
t_shirtsnjeans
t_shirtsnjeans
06/22/2005 3:51 am
Do you record yourself playing chords and then play along with the recording? I started out doing that. But I did learn a lot of solos from other bands before I just go tired of the weird stuff (well, now that I know how it's done it is a lot cooler) so I just started jammin' with my own recordings and things just went from there. It also helps if you have someone to jam with too, that is IF the other person can allow you to experiment with solos. Just try not to get stuck in a rut. That happens way too often BUT during the creative period you will get much better and cleaner.
# 3
Springbok
Springbok
06/22/2005 4:41 pm
Id agree with the last reply. I figure it all depends what you want your style to sound like, although we cant really choose what style we want it sorta just comes. I mean my favourites were those of Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi and White snake. Sort of get an idea of what you want your guitar to say.
Mess about with chord progessions you like, find a way to record em and then solo and add riffs to em. As for starting up on your leads the old 12 bar goes along way. One of my favourite solo chord progessions are F# A B.
# 4
LearningGuitar
LearningGuitar
06/22/2005 5:36 pm
thats another problem i dont know what like the letters mean for like chord pregresions and stuff
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.