Need an electric guitar

bunmiadefisayo
bunmiadefisayo
06/14/2005 2:57 am
Hi all, i know this is such an old topic but i really need help. I have been playing acoustic and never even touched an electricup until 2 sundays ago, so i dont know a single thing about them. Now i think i want to get one bcos there are so many effects i just cant do on acoustic.

My questions are;

1) Im not too crazy about the very narrow (IMO) fretboard and was wondering if i cld get an electric with an acoustic-size fretboard?

2) Is there some sort of set-up like a mike and an amp with effects on it i could just use to get the electric guitar sound rather than just buying one?

Well thanks a lot for any help.
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
06/14/2005 12:41 pm
As for your first question... there are many different neck shapes out there. Gibson and Fender necks are generally more beefy than the necks of companies like Ibanez, ESP, Jackson, Schecter... and so on. And for number 2... You can get a pickups to put in your sound hole and buy an amp... and there are effects for acoustics... but if you want the electric guitar sound... get an electric guitar. For you, I would suggest looking at some Epiphone semi-hollow body guitars. These have a more acoustic feel and they are pretty versatile electric guitars. You can check out musiciansfriend.com they have tons of guitars to look through. I would also suggest going to a guitar shop and playing a ton of guitars to find one that you like the feel of. Good luck
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2005 1:06 pm
If you have a pizo pickup or any of the other strap on pickups you can plug your acoustic into an electric amp. It will sound very full but be careful of feedback !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.