View post (SCREAMO music)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/12/2005 2:35 am
I know it's long, but read it all. I read everything you wrote.

Originally Posted by: SoulDistortionIt seems to me you are attempting to say this "WELL LOOK man! death metal is popular, everyone likes it" Well excuse me but look at rap today, everyone likes it, does that mean its good music? of course not, you are being nieve by using that as an example.

No, what I'm saying is look at how many people create that style of music. If no one wanted to hear it then why would there be so many people playing it? Why would bands like Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse have gone platinum? If no one wanted to hear it then none of them would be making a living off it.

If I dont understand the lyrics than is their even ANY POINT in writiting words to a song?! no the point of lyrics is defeated and lyrics are a LARGE portion of a songs meaning. Sometimes lyrics are they only thing that keeps a band afloat. If you think that lyrics aren't important you obviously havent done your homework.

If I don't think lyrics are important then I don't know what I'm talking about? Have you ever enjoyed an instrumental song? Have you ever considered how a song was structured together and how people harmonize instead of worrying about what someone else is saying? ****, why listen to Satriani? All he does is instrumentals(sic), so why bother if he doesn't have anything to say? I look at lyrics on a similar level to a song, but I don't need lyrics that I can understand, relate to, or even consider to enjoy a song. Most of the CDs I have I couldn't recite one lyric. Why's that? Because I'm just not that worried about it.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to convey here but it seems to me you are running out of points against me. If I havent come up with at least 1 point to show you how Bad this genre of music is then you need to open yourself to my opinion more. I can't really open myself to your opinion because I just cant, no matter how hard I try, discover why you are arguing this point.

That's the thing, all you've come up with are opinions. When you give me factual information that death metal is a waste of my time and talent then I will reconsider, but until then I will continue to enjoy listening and playing death metal. I know why I'm arguing. It's because I am a loyal death metal fan and to say that I'm talentless because I'm involved in a genre you don't approve of is complete balderdash. I'm not the greatest, but I've dedicated my entire life to making myself as good as I can... and death metal plays a big part in that. The initial point I was getting at was that you're saying that regardless of my sweeping, my taps, my harmonies, solos, everything I put into my techniques to make it as I see fit, it's a waste of my talent because you don't like it. That's a complete load and you, like previously stated, contradict yourself when you say you can respect others' opinions. So let me get that last bit straight. I need to open up to your opinion because you lack the ability to open up to mine? You don't even know what all I listen to. You know I like death metal so far. What else do I know about me through generalizations?

What came first, singing or growling? (singing) What sounds better? (singing) What takes more time to perfect? (singing) What is understandable? (singing) What can contain variety and allow the singer to insert his own personallity into the words he speaks? (singing) If there was a constitution of music then yes it certainly would include Rule #1. You must at least make an attempt to sing, if you can not sing then do not give up and start doing godzilla impressions, keep practicing you may get it some day.

What? Which came first? Gospel music or hip hop? Obviously gospel, but that doesn't make it right. Music is an evolving process and if we all kept taking the same route then music would get so watered down and it'd all be the same. I don't sing. I don't want to sing. I don't like singing. It's not something I have a remote interest in working on. I enjoy growling. It makes me feel good when I growl. I feel better about myself when I get deep and gutteral sound. It's not because I don't know how to get better at regular singing, it's because I don't like to sing the normal way. And why should I do something I don't have any care to do in music? It makes sense to me that if I don't want to be a good country guitarist then I shouldn't bother to learn the style. In essence it's the same thing. Why waste time perfecting a craft that I have no desire to use?

I appologize if I have offended you in someway, I have presendted you with my hardcore opinion as well as HARDCORE FACTS. If you have to make a response to defend ANYTHING MORE on this matter than you obviously do not have the ability to LEARN. :rolleyes:

opinions and facts don't work in the same sentance. They're opposites. You can't prove your opinions while proving facts at the same time. It's just contradicting. As far as I'm concerned, the only "hardcore fact" you've proven is that you don't know the difference between As I Lay Dying, Screamo, and Death Metal.

Try joining the debate team in your school dude. Try telling them that if they rebuttle they lack the ability to learn. It's how a debate goes. You voice your opinion and the others react as they see fit. It's a debate. A simple debate on opinions. So when you respond to my views it's ok, but when I respond to you I lack the ability to learn? Isn't that a tad biased for something based around opinions? I don't even know where to start on the comment about my ability to learn. Coming from someone that doesn't know what I do for a living, what I do with my guitar, or anything else that really doesn't hurt my feelings. But saying such a statement in this context puts you under the same umbrella. And I'll spare you the "why" question and tell you that it's because you pass off your opinions as fact and accuse others of not knowing what they're talking about and just loft a statement like "you obviously do not have the ability to LEARN. :rolleyes:" into the fray like you have some sort of key to all the knowlege in the world.

Editor's note: Dear god that's long.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.