Deeeetroit Baasketball!!!!!!!!

crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
06/09/2005 11:13 pm
Don't know if anyone here follows basketball, and if so, are still following the NBA playoffs now in the finals. In case you didn't know, the Detroit pistons and the San Antonio Spurs are now in the finals-the first game in a best of 7 series starts tonight (6/9).

Me, being from Michigan, am obviously rooting for the Pistons. I think they will win in 6 or 7 games. I think it will be a very tough series for both teams with very close games. The pistons have the best defense in the league, and the spurs have the second. Also, the pistons have arguably the best starting line up, but San Antonio isn't too far behind.

I would love to discuse and argue with anyone else out there about the NBA finals.
1 Peter 2:16
# 1
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
06/09/2005 11:23 pm
I will certainly be rooting for Detroit! SA beat my beloved Suns! I don't think the Pistons get the respect they deserve. I mean, they are the defending champs. Larry Brown is easily the best coach in the league. The Spurs probably aren't as good as last year's Lakers, and Detroit made short work out of them. Same starting 5. A lot is gonna depend on Duncan's health. I don't think Detroit can win if they don't take at least one of the first 2 games in San Antonio. That's all for now...I'm sure there will be more to talk about after the game!
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/10/2005 12:44 am
I've always been amazed, regardless of what sport, by how well everyone who's into sports knows their ****. They always seem to know coaches, stats, team players/numbers for pretty much the whole entire country and everything else about them... or at least pretty close to it. Of course I guess in essence it's the same as knowing who's the guitarist of what band and how their technique typically works and all that other crap... so don't listen to me.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
gennation
gennation
06/10/2005 2:36 am
/\ /\ /\ /\ Dude, that was your 666 post!!! (ah, nice trick, it looks like all your post are the 666 one, \m/

I'm from Michigan too, GR area. On to the Superbowl of the NBA!!!!
http://lessons.mikedodge.com
http://www.mikedodge.com
# 4
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/10/2005 3:44 am
I used to be into basketball a little, but I got burnt out. I especially disliked how players will draw fouls, and/or act overexageratingly to have one called. It's truly ridiculous at times how they "fall down." Of course this is present in any sport with fouls, but it's especially frequent and quite obvious here.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
06/10/2005 5:41 pm
.........................goooooo Pacers! remember when the pacers beat almost the whole stadium of Piston fans up... that was cool.
# 6
Portis_26
Portis_26
06/10/2005 8:14 pm
as a pacers fan my opinion is a little biased to start off. however, the spurs are going to take this, although i agree it will be close. the spurs are just too good at home and will be able to steal one in detriot. duncan will keep both wallaces busy while parker and ginobli (however you spell his name) while drive in for the easy basket all day, billups and prince are good defenders but not fast enough for parker and ginobli. spurs in 7.
# 7
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
06/11/2005 6:00 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've always been amazed, regardless of what sport, by how well everyone who's into sports knows their ****. They always seem to know coaches, stats, team players/numbers for pretty much the whole entire country and everything else about them... or at least pretty close to it. Of course I guess in essence it's the same as knowing who's the guitarist of what band and how their technique typically works and all that other crap... so don't listen to me.

I actually don't follow basketball, or any other sport, all that much. I mean i'll watch a few games here and there during the season, and read about my teams in the paper. I get a lot more interested during the playoffs though.

As for this series...
SA has a better bench, and a very strong starting line-up, but Detroit is very versitile. They have so many option in player selection. A lot of the players have become a lot better as all around players. Ben is more offensive this season than last, and Rip is a lot better deffensively. I think Rasheed will be a big factor in this series. He needs to start shooting more and stay out of early foul trouble.
I saw the greatest poster in the first game. It said "Obewon Ginobili". That was probably the best part of the game...because the pistons performance sure wasn't.
1 Peter 2:16
# 8
alucard0941
alucard0941
06/11/2005 6:15 pm
man, its all about the Houston Rockets...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.