Pickup Assembly

IbanezmutESP
IbanezmutESP
06/07/2005 2:45 pm
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions as to pickup assembly. This is going to be the first time i actually mess with my guitars wiring and i dont want to mess up the pickups since they are quite expensive. I figure i have to learn sometime instead of paying a luthier a bundle each time. Thanks
=mut=
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
06/07/2005 3:14 pm
Check out www.stew-mac.com They have a ton of helpful books. Learn as much as you can about guitar wiring before actually digging into the project. If you know a lot about electronics, you shouldn't have any problems because that's all that guitar wiring is. It's all simple wiring. However, you can make it as complicated as you want. Check out some of the books that stewart-macdonald have to offer. It will answer most all your questions. If you're not sure about something, then don't do it. You can't really mess up your pickups by opening up the cavaties or removing the pickguard... unless you start switching wires around or disconnect a ground... or pur the pickups in the wrong position... or put them in the wrong polarity. It's not going to ruin the pickups though if you just open up your guitar and have a look-see... Be brave, but don't get over confident with your abilities. Make sure you know atleast the basics.
# 2
Brian H.
Brian H.
06/18/2005 5:39 am
I hope your ibanez has a double coil single coil double coil configuration. I like a Diamarzio X2N in bridge, dimarzio fast track two in the mid. position,and a dimarzio superdistortion plus in the neck position. Wire the frount & the Back pickup through 1 half and an other of a four pull four throw switch and use a 5 way selector switch for the pickups. The four pull quad throw switch is for switchin between series and parralell configurations with respect to only the front and back pickup. P.s. I wire the middle pickup in series for hotness! Peace in mississippi.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.