Classical fav's

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/03/2005 6:02 pm
Anyone got appreciation for classical stuff? Of course Segovia was a master, but how bout John Williams? Danny Elfman blows me away his themes too...brilliant and unique. I mean how classic is the Simpsons song right!?!? But he's got all kinds of stuff. Francisco Tarrega is my overall classical (guitar) composer though. Ya'll's?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/06/2005 10:16 am
i listen to mostly prokofiev and rachmaninov as far as classical goes but also like beethoven, mahler, dankner, copland, bartok, dvorak, stravinsky, and some others.

no offense dude..but john williams steals a lot of his themes from older composers...he's the puff daddy of classical music...really not much to look up to. i love danny elfman but that's more because i'm a fan of his stuff with boingo...his movie compositions are more impressive because he doesn't know music at all and just composes it himself on his keyboard and his normal orchestrator is steve bartek from boingo.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
06/06/2005 3:41 pm
Bach, Mozart, Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Liszt, Chopin, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi (when he's not repeating himself), Grieg, Sor, Tarrega, Bizet, Rossini, Puccini, Schubert, Schumann, the list goes on.

I'm not a big fan of the more boring composers like Paganini or Debussy.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/07/2005 6:53 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonBach, Mozart, Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Liszt, Chopin, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi (when he's not repeating himself), Grieg, Sor, Tarrega, Bizet, Rossini, Puccini, Schubert, Schumann, the list goes on.

I'm not a big fan of the more boring composers like Paganini or Debussy.

you listen to any berlioz? i like him too.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 4
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
06/09/2005 10:09 am
paganini, beethoven and mozart.
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.