View post (Anyone seen this Film?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/30/2005 5:46 am
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0xI think the reason for war was wrong and misleading...[/quote]
Yes, but we live in a nation of people that save, on average something less than 10% of their income -- talking to Americans about where and why we're going to have to commit our troops in 10 - 15 years is like talking to a Klansman about the positive effects of diversity in our society; a total waste of breath.

Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0x...i mean Korea has the weapons, and not to mention the BRAINS behind it and i think they are a bigger threat as to WMD.[/quote]
Since the end of the Korean War, North Korea has established a 40 year history of being primarily concerned with self defense -- Saddam Hussein has a 30 year history of being primarily concerned with uniting all of the Arab nations in a Pan-Arab war which is a direct threat to many of our allies.

Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0xWhy are we not focusing efforts on finding and killing Osama Bin Laden?[/quote]
Because, the issue of bringing a mass murderer to justice aside, it would be a waste of time and effort.

[QUOTE=x0o_BurnOut_o0x]Our soldiers dont have a choice to wether they are going to fight for this cause. They are out there and have to fight for whatever reason our goverment plants in our heads.

Our troops had their choice when they enlisted, and once you enlist, that's the name of the game.

Three of my best friends from high school and one of their wives were/are in the military (three have re-enlisted subsequent to the Iraq war, and (as I said earlier) one is serving in Iraq), and that's how they see it, anyway.

[QUOTE=x0o_BurnOut_o0x]I dont see the president out there with a gun fighting for the country he " loves so much", He wouldnt let his daughters go fight HIS war.

Last I checked, nobody's daughter serving in the US military was allowed directly in combat unless they flew fighter jets.

[QUOTE=x0o_BurnOut_o0x]Yet he seems so willing to toss around "dieing for your country". We have to die for our country. If not us, who? Because i certainly dont see the president or the senetors or the governors grabbing thier gun, **** THIS IM GOING TO GO FIGHT FOR WHAT I THINK IS RIGHT, RIGHT BESIDE MY PEOPLE!

Pick what you feel is the most justified war in History; the political leadership of the protagonist probably didn't fight.

Now, look at Alexander the Great, Genghis Kahn, Napoleon, etc (all who led from the front)... how justified were the wars they fought?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons