View post (Anyone seen this Film?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/26/2005 3:20 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseBut the facts on the relationship between Bush and the Saudi People are facts![/quote]
For all practical purposes, the Bush family has been in the oil business since there has been one... Why shouldn't there be ties between the Bushes and the Saudis?

Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseAnd the whole going to war was a joke.[/QUOTE]
I dunno.

Finding nuclear centerfuges (not "tubes" that could be used in one, the actual machine, burried in a weapons scientists' back yard), that Saddam was negotiating with North Korea for missle systems, that the Iraqis smuggled rocket engines out of Iraq right under the nose of UN inspectors, and that Russia sent in special forces units to remove evidence were all, in a way, a lot worse than finding stockpiles of VX...

The inspection process was totally corrupt, Saddam never once put his plans for WMDs behind him and the major opponents of the war were all trying to cover their asses in one way or another (and in some cases, many ways) -- but Moore doesn't talk about that stuff.

I think the problem with him and anything he says is that even the factual stuff he tries to state is often taken so far out of context as to be no better than a lie.

[QUOTE=PonyOne][QUOTE=3rd_degreeburn]here are a list of sites that tell you about the other side of the movie.. if you choose to believe that moore's points are valid then these websites will be a waiste of your time.[/url]
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

kind of like how if someone decides it's eaiser to disregard something and go off of hearsay and websites devoted to skewering it, and resort to making back-handed comments about the physical appearance of the person who made it, there's probably not much point in trying to reason with them...

Of all the URLs to leave un-clipped from the original post, the Hitchens review seems most out of place...

He is very direct, his arguments are very sound and every time I've double checked his information, he's been correct.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons