trey anastacio guitar tone

TheWizard
TheWizard
05/14/2005 10:19 pm
ive been working on this for months and its just not working

anyone know how to come close?
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 1
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
05/18/2005 7:46 pm
Here's his rig:

If you don't have enough cash to put something like that together (I know I don't!), you might have better luck getting a do-it-all effects pedal that has an editable patch library. Then looking up some phishheads that have tweaked it just right.

Hope that helps.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
05/20/2005 3:26 pm
If you're looking into a all-in-one effects processor, definitly look at the GENX series... or the Boss GT-6 or GT-8. The DigiTech GENX series has a great online library of downloadable presets and models... You can also download software that allows you to tweak your setting straight through your comp. This is handy if you record through your comp as well. I'm not much of a Phish fan, but I do like a lot of Treys work. I (and probably most people that are on this forum) aren't familiar enough with his tone to give you an accurate breakdown of it. I can say that he probably uses reverb, chorus, and delay... maybe an overdrive pedal slightly imposed over all that. I'm more of a Dave Matthews kind of guy... I love when Trey and Dave play together though. Saw them at Banaroo last year! but good luck with your efforts.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.